First attempt, got the fever after reading the forum

aeromotorwindmill

Jan 13, 2007
Georgia Tennessee
Picture%202502.jpg

Picture%202501.jpg

Picture%202503.jpg

Picture%202504.jpg

First Boat in progress, I started with a Uncle Johns Kit and as you can see and have beefed up the design a little, I still need to finish sanding and epoxy the boat, I had planned to incorporate a electric trolling motor throught bottom on the stern, but can't decide if I want to do it to this boat or build another with a electric motor for power

A

Anonymous

1st

Seat looks a bit to far back but, on the whole a FINE looking craft.

Ya may need some weight in the bow to level her out . I suggest at least two cases of beer.

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
If you solo an empty boat, have the front edge of the seat about at the center of the boat or a few inches aft. Most canoe-type boats perform better if just a tad nose-high.

An exception to that can be if you're paddling into a stiff wind. Then, you want the trim a tad tail-high so the bot will streamline with the wind. A high nose there will be grabbed by the wind and turned every which way.

Nice looking work. Gonna be a nice boat for you. I also like the windows in the garage door. That design always looked nice to me.

islandpiper

Nice looking work. Personally, I'd never fasten the seat, give yourself some adjustment whenever you need it. I can tell bky the amount of wood you have used here that you don't carry your pirogue as far as I have to at times.

Keep posting those pics, it will be beautiful with glass and varnish, I'll bet.

Piper

hairymick

Dec 8, 2005
Queensland, Australia
Heya Aero', welcomeaboard mate. :D

Nice Job! I really like the long foredck and the bottom re-inforcing.

ditto to the remarks about the seat. For paddling solo, I would recommend the front of the seat about 3 inches behind the boats centre. Keep the piccies coming mate.