First Buck I've Killed in Years | SouthernPaddler.com

First Buck I've Killed in Years

Darrells

Oct 19, 2008
Lorena,Texas
I snuck off early Tuesday afternoon and wenting hunting. I have been seeing some pretty nice Bucks on the cameras. This Fella came out at 4:39 and I decided to take the shot. I probably would not have shot him but I am leaving for Missouri Tuesday for a week of hunting and won't be able to hunt my Lease again until after Thanksgiving, so I figured by then they may be hard to find.

IMG_0450.jpg

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
That is a nice buck and a good way to break a dry spell.

I had to smile at myself , coming home from the grocery store a couple of days ago and traveling down a 4 lane road between two subdivisions , strip malls and schools there was a nice 6 pointer crossing from one subdivision to the other. The comical part is that a lot of the guys that live there go to Georgia or Alabama to hunt deer and here is a nice one living where they live.
This morning I left the house and walked to the Econ and back ( 5 miles ) on the Florida Trail which goes between a couple subdivisions. It is a wooded tunnel ( footpath ) between the homes and paved roads. Eventually the trail enters the Little Big Econ Wilderness Area . Anyway all along the trail ( between the subdivisions ) there were more deer prints in the trail then foot prints from people. One other person I meet said he saw two deer watching him as he went along the trail this morning.
These subdivision deer know where they are safe :lol: , the whole Econ area is a No Hunting Area.

mommicked

Nov 18, 2006
Coastal NC
Nice buck! Nice rifle too! What caliber is she? What bullet? Both Texas and Missouri have some nice deer; I've been fortunate enough to hunt northern Missouri....
Our NC coastal bucks tend to be slight in the rack department, but they eat well.