First salt water paddle | SouthernPaddler.com

First salt water paddle

Floatforfish

Aug 28, 2003
Gainesville, FL
Well, Chris and I put in mid-morning Saturday at Shell Mound:
DSCN1650.jpg

It was a great day to explore the area. The boat handled 2 people and a full cooler well. Draft was still less than 3". We managed to catch 4 short reds and a trout, as well as several cats.
This was Chris's first red ever:
DSCN1652_1.jpg

She got her first trout too! I managed to get 2 reds as well. In fact, my first cast brought a red:
DSCN1653.jpg

Although we were light on keepers, we had a great time and learned alot about the area. I am planning to go out again early Monday and explore some more. Here is 1 more of me and the boat in our element:
DSCN1651.jpg

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Aaron

I hope you will keep us posted (up to date) with the pictures of the Pirogue and Chris on the site ....Now as far as that guy in the floppy hat ...... Just let him fish. Darn I forgot he has to be along to take the pictures , which we enjoy.

OK ..... Chris how much did you say you would pay me for posting this on the forum...... I forgot :? By the way ....there is no way Aaron will ever find out about this.....because I listed the pirogue 1st ........Trust Me.. :D He builds boats for his enjoyment and all of us are just a little nut's about that and the fun we can have.

Aaron ... Is using the pirogue , you built , as much fun ..........as building it and looking (wishing & thinking) forward to using it :?: Yep , it is a trick question.
Chuck.

Floatforfish

Aug 28, 2003
Gainesville, FL
There is a reason Chris is not aware of the address of this site!
Seriously, I have enjoyed the boat more than I ever thought I would. Of course, I tore the crap out of the paint and bottom coat, so now I have a next project.

Aaron

BTW, when you have as little hair as I do, that hat is an necessity.

Swampy

Aug 25, 2003
Southeastern North Carolina
Aaron, as I recal Chris told ya to fish rather than work.... I'd have bet ya'll would have built boats and fished fer the rest of ya'llz lives!
Yep, i see a new boat ahead..... a shrimper?
swampy