First time Pirogue Build - picture heavy | Page 2 | SouthernPaddler.com

First time Pirogue Build - picture heavy

lil'moe

Jan 8, 2009
Lapland, IA
I remember the feeling. The longer I was in the boat, the more stable it got. Stay with it--Youv'e already pit the sweat into the grins.

JEM

I made the comment on my site that he looked so relaxed and just let the boat rock as it wanted when he paddled. Like he knew its limits and had no fear of taking a bath. I complimented him on his expertise!

Then he told me that his first time paddling! :shock: :lol:

crkdltr

Mar 3, 2009
Applied 2 coats of primer, 3 coats of exterior latex and added on a few key parts. May have to revisit the drawing board on some of them. Modified a cheap $10 rod holder to screw into my gunwales. I think it's time to update and replace my fishing gear though. I think alot of it is over 20 years old. :shock:

IMG_0763.jpg

IMG_0764.jpg

My low budget anchor system. :mrgreen:

IMG_0766.jpg

crkdltr

Mar 3, 2009
bluegrasslover said:
The brackets that you have for your paddles...is that something store bought or is it your custom addition? I want something like that.

Got them at West Marine for +/- $4. They're called Clipper Clips by Beckson. I grabbed a 1 1/2" diameter set. I should have gotten a 1" set but so long as I clip the paddle to them on the foam grip it'll stay in place.

Search their site for:
BECKSON Holding Clips.

5419916.jpg