first timers | Page 2 | SouthernPaddler.com

first timers

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
hairymick said:
G'day bear,

Re your pictures of yourself, I was expecting a grizzled old man of indeterminate years and a wild cynical glaze in the eye. :lol: Instead, I get a picture of a dapper looking young man, who is only allmost grey and with a very full head of hair!. The years have been very kind to you mate.

COUGH, CHOKE, GASP, hack, laughing, rolling on the floor, I don't believe this, it is unreal, what has this world come to ?

BOY "O" BOY....... Mick you are in a desperate need of some glasses. Your vision has gone down hill or you were looking at some different pictures then the ones I looked at. Your 1st sentence was right on the nail head but then you had to wreck it with the rest.

Since all of us on southernpaddler try to help each other I am thinking I might set up a fund on here so we can have Mick get his eyes checked and then a pair of glasses , good strong ones , really strong ones.

Mick ... I need to be sure ... is this the person your are refering to , bearridge the white water paddling an camping nut ?
St%20Mary%20March%2004%2038.jpg

I want you to be sure so here is a side view with his glasses on.
lostmines%20005.jpg

Old Yakker Jimmie Dorazio in the middle here. Jack stepping in. And, actually, the side shot of Bill looks remarkably like me too. Really.

Chuck.

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Friend Mick,

Ya have a sharp eye. :wink:

I have never been up that way in wintertime, but the Nantahala iz dam release. They run the turbines so folks in Atlanta 'n Chattanooga kin run their sweet air 'n hair dryers. It may be dry much of the winter....I jest dont know. The Tuckaseegee haz a bigger watershed 'n likely haz water in winter, but it iz very cold up in them mountains....at least I heard it wuz. One year the campground had 13 feet of snow in March.

I bet there are pichurs on the web....but it would take a real outdoor pichur takin' SOB ta git 'em.

Mister High Sheriff,

Thanks fer postin' that high technikle tool pichur. Look at oldyaker's face. He iz a real airplane tool fella. Look at Joe. He iz a A-1 sailboat tool fella. Look who iz readin' the book 'n holdin' the tools. No wonder oldyaker haz such a smirk on hiz yap!
964.gif

regards
bearridge

The two most abundant things in the universe are Hydrogren and stupidity. Harlan Ellison

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Thought you might get some enjoyment out of them... I did back then and still do today. :D

Some good times and with a little luck a lot more to come........ Let's get Mick over here ......That would be a riot..... No one would know what he is saying
1281.gif
but would love every minute of it.

I can see it now ... The Geezer crew with Mick....... What a Riot , Yankee , Southern and eye-ta-lion style old-yaking (Who no one understands) with Micks..... Man that would drive anyone NUT'S.
114.gif

Chuck.