Freedom Stripper Update | SouthernPaddler.com

Freedom Stripper Update

Darrells

Oct 19, 2008
Lorena,Texas
Decided to update the boat a little. I used Benjamin Moore Spar Varnish on the boat and have been waiting to see how it held up. The boat has been stored outside in the direct sunlight (Daylight till dark) and the elements since completion (14 months). Well there are no problems after this time so I guess I will continue to buy Varnish locally.

freedomupdate001.jpg

freedomupdate006.jpg

freedomupdate007.jpg

I am adding a depth finder and a Scotty triple rod holder ( two rod holders and the depth finder).

freedomupdate002.jpg

freedomupdate005.jpg

freedomupdate003.jpg

BEARS BUDDY

Aug 27, 2003
BAY CITY MI
Beautiful boat. 14 months is more than most bright work was holding up when I was boat building at the marina in the 70's. We were using Dolfinite and then switched to Z-Spar Captain's varnish.

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Darrell, you'll like having that depth finder. I side-mounted one to the gunnel of a canoe years ago for my wife's fishing. It was right up in front, next to her. We could see any fish in the area. Catching them was a different story.

My buddy's motor boat has the transducer aft of the transom. Too late by that time; you've already gone over and past the fish.

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Looks well thought out, Darrell. Do you plan to fish different, or same, bait on your separate rods? I just ask, because I remember Dad would sometimes do that to test the waters.

In case the fish aren't biting, will the screen show I love Lucy reruns?

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Not sure about yours but when I was using mine it would show a line of fish ( Nose to tail ) under the boat. YEP...Right.... WRONG .... the longer the line of fish the bigger the Gator.

Found out the fun way , stuck a paddle down there to break the school of fish up ....... :roll: