Freedom with a stripped top | SouthernPaddler.com

Freedom with a stripped top

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
LEE SCHNEIDERMANN made a Freedom with a stripper top and posted several pictures on Matt's forum.... http://www.jemwatercraft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2219

Here is one picture of it with the lovely model he located to paddle it so he could take a picture. Lee said she likes to paddle boats but is not that good with a camera. My bet is that he knows her and her copilot in the kayak. :roll: :D

By the way the paddle was also made by Lee to go with the boat.

kayak00069.jpg

Here is the prototype I made for the Freedom to prove it would float and a person can use it for camping trips which it has done. Rivers for several days and salt water (Gulf of Mexico ) for a week. :D
Freedom-450.JPG

There is a world of difference and it all depends on how the builder wants the boat. Plain , custom , angled deck or rounded , hatches or no hatches ... the builders choice. Yes Lee has hatches in the rounded deck if you can see them in the picture , both one in the front and one in the back of the Freedom. :D

Chuck.
When Lee posts the rest of the pictures over here then this post.. might vanish.. no one knows for sure , not even me. :lol:

Jimmy W

May 1, 2006
north georgia, USA
jdupre' said:
Chuck, how would you rate Freedom as compared to the Sasquatch for speed, glide, handling?

Joey, you asking Sparkey about speed? :shock: He put that canoe in the water two weeks ago and still hasn't paddled it. He is planning on taking a week to go 15 miles down the St. Mary River going with the current. In the Bodine-American Dictionary, they have his picture under slow and I hear that he once got outrun by a Three-toed Sloth.
:lol:

jdupre'

Sep 9, 2007
South Louisiana
A week to go 15 miles, aye? Must be one of those " get out on the water by 11:00 , stop at noon for lunch, back on the water at 2:00, stop at 3:00 to set up camp" kind of trips." :) ZZZZOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMM!!

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
jdupre' said:
That's beautiful. Chuck, how would you rate Freedom as compared to the Sasquatch for speed, glide, handling?

Joey

The Freedom is a easy paddling boat and moves along for the paddler , not sure about the speed since I don't get in a hurry anymore. It is faster then a canoe since I did pass some canoes on a few trips with it.

I haven't had the Sasquatch in the water as of yet. Might be able to do that in a week or two , anytime after the holiday , I stay home during the holidays , to many nuts on the roads and waters. I do plan on paddling it in December on the St.Marys River here in Florida for that trip. It will be a hard paddle for the canoe , 5 days to do 16 miles.
Yes they/we are on the water around 10:30 or so ( sometimes later) , breaks at good sandbars , lunch from 12:00 to whenever , off the water by 2 at the latest ( we did paddle , drift , till 3 one day) , usually earlier when a good campsite is located. We really work on our trips and the exercise is good for us. Sometimes we even lay over a extra day in camp to recuperate from all the paddling the day before. :roll:

Chuck.

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Jimmy W said:
I hear that he once got outrun by a Three-toed Sloth.
I call boat science on this one. I seen that race. The High Sheriff won fair 'n square. He wuz jest barely too far ahead at the finish ta git 'em both in the pichur. :wink:

regards
bearridge

Education is no substitute for intelligence. Frank Herbert