Fried Pepper and Onions(with GARLIC of course!!) | SouthernPaddler.com

Fried Pepper and Onions(with GARLIC of course!!)

Kahuna

Aug 27, 2003
DEEP SOUTHERN ILLINOIS
For some of us the end of the garden season is near. I used to cook this all the time when I was Grasshoppers age, all by my lonesome. Chop up a goodly amount of green/red/yellow peppers whatever you have. Chop up a bunch of onion too. Add garlic to you likeing. Add some olive oil to your skillet and fry till it is all done. Add garlic last as not to burn. Salt and Pepper to taste. Throw on a plate or eat right out of the skillet. Grab a hunk of crusty Italian Bread, sop up the juice and oil and eat er to your hearts content. :D KAHUNA

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
For dessert, have some fried green tomatoes. Get a mixture of tomatoes, some solid green and some tinged with red/ orange. Slice thick. roll in corn meal, salt them a bit & fry in olive oil. Variation# 569 Tabasco chipotle sauce a few drops of on each.

Washing them down with beer ain't such a bad idea neither, ehh?

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
A Pleasant Memory.

Kahuna, you bring back another pleasant memory. My Grand mother used to make peppers and onion that way, than she would scramble some eggs and pour it in the pan with the eggs and onions. She would put the peppers onions and eggs on her home made Italian bread and pack them for us to take on our days hunt. Lunch time, Grand pap would ration out a glass of his home made Dago Red to everyone to have with Grannys sandwich. A short snooze under a tree and we were ready for the afternnoon hunt. To this day I still wonder how many bucks may have stolled by while we were napping? Man, I can taste that samich and wine now, God bless the both of those old timers.