From Beginner to Expert | SouthernPaddler.com

From Beginner to Expert

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
I have to admit that, when Chuckie revised the forum and added "Pirogues" as a subject section, I thought he was a bit nuts. Well, truth be known, I'd thought that for some time already.

But, it is a very active section. Many guys use a pirogue as an entry-level boat on which to cut their "wooden boat building" teeth. Experts like Keith and Seedtick jacked it up to new levels.

So, despite the fact that Chuckie is a bit nuts, he somehow got lucky here. As he's fond of saying, "Even a blind hog can find an acorn now and then."

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
What Jack is not telling you is this.........

When this web site 1st got started it was Oldsparkey's Canoe and Pirogue Forum.

http://www.neilbank.com/oldsparkey/DAD/big.htm It is not active but it is still there in cyber land.

I went by the 1st letter of the names of the boats to list them and C comes before P but it was more about pirogues then canoes.

BUT even before then ( the Dark Ages) I was over on a different web site and this joker was talking about making wood kayaks ( who would ever want one of them) so I asked him about Pirogues.

His reply was ... "I know I am going hate myself for asking this but what is a pirogue" That my friends was when I slid down hill , hit the bottom and never have returned to the top again by meeting one Kayak Jack.

One thing led to anouther , we did an article for one web site and they played games with us , so I got a little hot under the collar and here we are....... It is all Jack's fault , I never would of started this web site if he would not of asked me to help with that article those (Plastic boat) idiots played us as suckers.

See , I am just an innocent , victim , of Kayak Jack like all the rest of you and you don't even know he has drawn you into his web of sawdust and epoxy. But like me you come back for more so there has to be something good going on here besides some gritz and scotch. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chuck.

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
oldsparkey said:
... like me you come back for more so there has to be something good going on here besides some gritz and scotch. :lol: :lol: :lol:
It's the wittia-cisms and humor. To say nothing of all the sage advice. (Old Yakker, being Eye-tal-yun, gives garlic advice.)

cctyer

Apr 20, 2007
Short Shorts, Arkansas
Most humble appologies Captian :oops: I bleed Garlic sir!! I just made some fresh pesto the other day with plenty-o-stinking rose in her. Tossed it with some al dente Farfalle (bow tie pasta for you michiganders) added asiago and picorino cheeses!! mmmmmm!! Besides Guido says he likes my cooking.

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Miz Bear pulled a fast one on me today....got me ta fix squash parmesean. She fergot ta raize zucchini so I made do with yellow squash. I hate seein' garden food go ta waste so I got the olive oil hot, put in half a onion, a banana pepper, a cayene pepper, salt, garlic powder 'n most of a huge squash (chopped up...not sliced). I fried it til the onions went limp, added two eggs, stirred once, killed the gas 'n left it on the stove ta settle down.

I added the parmigiani reggiani that I had sliced thin. [I dont care fer gradin' cheese.] She liked it. Her cayene may not really be a cayene....'er mebbe with all this rain, the peppers went mild?

It tastes better in the evenin' with a fine glass of boxed red wine.....mebbe that Black Box stuff DM likes? Yeah.....soon az I git my home equitable loan. :wink:

regards
bearridge

ps If I wuz ta fix this fer the geezers, I reckon I'd have ta pull out that bottle of habanero sauce in the little Louisana Hot Sauce bottle that looks EXACTLY like Louisiana Hot Sauce (if ya aint wearin' yer spectacles). :?

The only really good vegetable is Tabasco sauce. Put Tabasco sauce in everything. Tabasco sauce is to bachelor cooking what forgiveness is to sin. P. J. O'Rourke

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
OK, Tyer San, you're OK. You can go on through. (ala Rock Island Line)

Br'r Bear - for mentioning the "Z" word, you go straight to JAIL, do not pass GO, do not collect $200. Stick with yellow squash or hard, winter squash.

Do you pronounce it "skwarsh?

cctyer

Apr 20, 2007
Short Shorts, Arkansas
It's skwarsh darnit, and ya warsh ya dugarees after ya squash the skwarsh through the seive and smack the dog tick offen yer leg while pikin a hymn on the banjo sippin on a jug-o corn licker! danged ol yankees anyhow!

BEARS BUDDY

Aug 27, 2003
BAY CITY MI
cctyer said:
It's skwarsh darnit, and ya warsh ya dugarees after ya squash the skwarsh through the seive and smack the dog tick offen yer leg while pikin a hymn on the banjo sippin on a jug-o corn licker! danged ol yankees anyhow!

Y'all speak Arkansaw lik Ma's kin frum Car-lile! Thet's en th' flatlands East a Lil'rok. Down th' Rock-Eyelnd in riceland. :lol:

cctyer

Apr 20, 2007
Short Shorts, Arkansas
Mudd, we gatta fech us up sum vittles fer supper cuz dinner iz lunch round here and ther Aint gonna be no poke for tha salad ifen we dont fech up some. Don't fergit to brang tha possum ya shot this mornin, thatn's nice an fat, he's goona make a mitey fine pot a stew.

It's not my fault! Thats my story! :wink:

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
MuddlerOH said:
I cannot get google or babel-fish to translate this site, when did it stop being in english.

Mudd

When has any post ever been in English? To understand this one ya need to start out with a large plate of Georgia Ice Cream ( grits ) , hens fruit (eggs) some side meat or tiger (bacon) and black java (coffee). :lol:

Chuck.
PS. I added the translations for you, some people just need help at times. :roll:

Reactions: FrankAS