Garlic Butter ShrimpYield: Serves 4
Prep Time: 2 minutes to 5 minutes
Cook Time: 3 minutes
- 1 pound peeled and deveined uncooked medium shrimp
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 3 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Pat the shrimp dry with paper towels and season all over with the salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add the shrimp and let cook undisturbed for 1 minute. Flip the shrimp and add the wine, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Cook until the shrimp are just opaque and the wine has reduced by half, about 2 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the heat, add the butter cubes, and stir until melted. Add the parsley and lemon juice, toss to combine, and serve immediately.
Sheela Prakash received her master's degree from the University of Gastronomic Sciences in Italy and is also a Registered Dietitian. She is the author of “Mediterranean Every Day.”