Georgia Heat or Mini Heat........ | SouthernPaddler.com

Georgia Heat or Mini Heat........

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Playing around on the web yesterday I located something that is interesting.

It is the Mini Heat and the Georgia Heat stoves. These are some really small and lightweight stoves for backpacking , camping.
Both burners are made from aluminum and are fed alcohol from a small tube attached to a container ( fireplug ) so there is no need to fill the burner separately. This gives a person a longer burn time then with the little stoves we fill each time we want to use them.
The stoves can be filled separately and used if a person wanted to. Thats what one show on you-tube said when showing how the burners work.

http://www.outdoortrailgear.com/cottage ... 908-store/

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Keep playing around with the alcohol stoves then. I like Joey's - a square of aluminum foil, folded into a tiny tank, add alcohol, & touch off a match. Light weight and easy. It's so simple that even I understand it.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
I enjoy seeing something a person made when they think out of the box.
That Smokeeater908 sure has done that and created a nice cottage industry for himself. Who would of thought a stove could of been made so small and offer so much use for camping. The best thing is that he is continuing to design even some more of them which are different from the original ones. Yep , a fully functional stove that can fit in a container inside a beer can that has been cut down. :D
There are a ton of YouTube shows about his little burners and what they can do.
No I do not have one and yes I still use my little Trianga stove.