1. The forums software has been upgraded and we are still sorting out its quirks.
    Please relay any problems you encounter. Thanks for your patience!
    Dismiss Notice

Gettin' my throat slit Monday

Discussion in 'The Geezer Corner Cafe' & Chat Section' started by grandpa paddler, Dec 17, 2016.

1. grandpa paddler

grandpa paddler Well-Known Member

I've been having upper back and shoulder pain since mid August and after several attempts with chiropractic (and at DC's suggestion) went to a neurosurgeon.

I have a deteriorating cervical disc causing all the problems, so Monday 5:30am I will be at the hospital for surgery. They actually go through your throat to get to the spine. Surgeon assures me that the procedure is simple and safe.

I don't really have any major worries or concerns, but if anyone is so inclined, I will deeply appreciate your prayers. Thanks guys, and Merry Christmas.

Jon

2. Kayak Jack

Kayak Jack Well-Known Member

Prayin for you, Jon. But, Joey and I will do it for you at half price. And, give you green stamps to boot!

3. oldsparkey

oldsparkey Well-Known Member

My prayers will be with you and I will hold a positive thought for you. :D

Chuck.

4. NWDad

NWDad Active Member

Praying for you and Merry Christmas to you too.

5. Wannabe

Wannabe Well-Known Member

Pray that all goes well. Will you be able to partake of the Christmas eats?
    Bob

6. grandpa paddler

My throat has been slit and sewn back up. Last night was long and painful but now I'm home.

7. mike

mike Well-Known Member

WOW! That was fast! Hope you get well soon.

Mike

8. Kayak Jack

Yes, Jon. Take care of yourself. I'm expediting to you 1each, small, service bell. You just "ting-a-ling it, and momma will come rinning to tend and serve you! Be nice, and she'll sing "Soft Kitty" like they do for Sheldon.

9. Wannabe

Jon,
    Be a good little democrat and suck everything out of this that you can. It's not everyday you get your throat cut. Get it while you can. After you heal it's back to normal again. :wink:
    Bob

10. oldsparkey

oldsparkey Well-Known Member

Providing he was normal to start with and I have serious doubts about anyone on here being normal. :?

11. Kayak Jack

And, if they were, they'ed stick out like a sore thumb!

12. grandpa paddler

I count Jack as a friend... how normal is that? Smart, yes, but not normal.

13. Wannabe

Jon,
    Are ya back to Yoddel'n again?? Happy New Year. New Year---New Man.
    Bob

14. Kayak Jack

Yeah, Jon, what's your status now? Can we count on you for a rousing camp ballad? Say, "El Paso"? Or, maybe "Ballad of the Fox"?

15. grandpa paddler

It's been 2 weeks today. Recovery is not as rapid as I had hoped but I've been able tolerate the residual pain without taking as many pain killers as allowed. I do tire out sooner than I like and I do nap a lot. Sadly, there will be no skiing :( this year but the surgeon thinks I'll be able to paddle :) this year.

16. Kayak Jack

Oh god, fellas - he lived. Who won the pot we were running on Jon?

17. Wannabe

Good on ya fella. Slow recovery is better than no recovery. But do we ever recover as fast as we want to? Go ahead and sleep Jon. You need it.
    Bob