Going buggy | SouthernPaddler.com

Going buggy

islandpiper

Last night, like always, I pulled my regular shoes and sox off after work and put on my moccasins. Later in the evening I had a strange feeling in my left foot, like thousand little electric shocks in my toes. I pulled off my moc and rubbed my toes and they were OK...... Well, I get tired of complaining about health troubles to my family, and then worrying about every little thing. So, I kept it to myself.

When I walked into the bedroom later i got that same pins-and-needles feeling in my toes. so, I slipped off the moc and rubbed my toes again.....while THE BIGGEST DAMNED UGLY BUG I'VE EVER SEEN crawed out of my moccasin!!! I had to shoo the cat away, smack it twice with a shoe, it scurried under the bed. I had my one working contact lens out so I was able to find the floor by gravity alone, my wife spotted the wounded creature under the bed. I dragged it out with a ruler and smacked it again. The cat ran off with it as it came back to life....

After things calmed down a little I gave him a swim in the commode and he's on his way to the Gulf tonight.

The movie-rights to this epic are still available if Hollywood is interested.

(shaking out shoes) Cheers, Piper