Good Morning.......... | SouthernPaddler.com

Good Morning..........

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
There is Hope in the air today...........

I like to take a 2 mile walk in the morning. Been playing hookie from the walks for the last few days due to a pulled mussel in the calf , man it hurt when walking. A couple of days of taking it easy and everything is back to normal so today was the 1st day for a walk since being layed up with the pulled mussel.

Left the house as the Sun was breaking over the trees on the horizon in the East. Made it about a 1/4 mile and then the pat , pat , pat , rain drops on my hat , not a heavy rain just a light , misty sprinkle. "O" Well if it really rains all I can do is to get wet since I have nothing with me that water will hurt. Walking along in the open areas the rain would hit my hat and under the trees it was nice and dry , natural umbrellas.
There was not the heat like all of the past mornings when I go for a walk , today It was cool and felt like Fall was sneaking into the area , then with the light sprinkle it really felt like Fall was finally trying to be down here.

Looking around and seeing the rising Sun in the East , the dark clouds and rain in the west , then looking up , almost over me but a little to the west , there was a double Rainbow as pretty as it could be against that darker sky.

Yes Sir , It was a very good morning this morning and a great day to be out for a hike. :D

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
This morning I was running late since the wife was off work today and getting ready for her trip ( Flight) up Nawth. ( That is up that A-Way Folks , past Yankee land. They call it Canada.)

"O" Well after getting everything in order I took out for my hike , Her flight did not leave till 1:00 P.M. Yep it was late for my walk and the Sun was higher then normal for my kike but still nice and sure felt like Fall was trying to slip in this area.

Ha Ha , might of been the thought of the wife being up nawth fer a while that made things cooler but all I know for sure was that the weather was really nice and something all of us have been looking for , for quite a while. After dropping the wife off at the airport and stopping at the store for some groceries the owner at the store ( as I was checking out ) was even commenting about how nice the mornings are feeling and how a person just wants to be out there enjoying them.

Two times a year for us to enjoy the weather down here , Fall and Spring with good weather and then Winter ( a short time ) thrown in between them.... when it does get cold , at times , down here.

Grandma is up Nawth visiting with the Grandson and bugging our Youngest Daughter and Son-In -law while I have this place all to myself. :roll: :wink: :D

Then since things are getting nicer to be outside.......... Some serious hiking ( Backpacking ) an camping till the rains get here then some paddling and camping.

hairymick01

G'day Chuck,

Pretty much the same for us here mate. Spring has just started and the weather is magnificent at the moment.

Nights just cool enough to appreciate a blanket and the days warming up to around 75-80f bloody lovely. We have had very good winter rains here this year for a change and the rivers are all still flowing. very unusual for this time of year here.

Unfortunately, i am stuck inside at the moment renovating and restoring my old home to its former glory, so I can't seem to find enough time to get out and enjoy. but I am working towards retirement in a couple of years if my health holds out, sooner if not. Then we will have all the time in the world to chase the cool. north for the winters and south for our summers. :D waaaay south.

Evie and I have been doing a few "practice" road and camping trips to work out what we need and what will work best for us. To this end, i am in the planning stages of an off-road, hard floor camper trailer build, not unlike yours only bigger and stronger suitable for our outback When I start, if anybody is interested, will post a builder's log.

Enjoy your Autumn mate.

catfish

Feb 7, 2007
jesup, ga.
chuck don,t know what the temps been down your way the last few mornings but it has been in the upper 50,s low 60,s here :D :wink: bout time yea fall i believe is around the corner. gona be cool in the morning too but they say back in the low 90,s sat? :shock: :x

mick dont let that 4 letter word get the best of you. you know what they say all work and no play makes mick a dull boy. :wink: :lol: