Good thing bout hot weather | SouthernPaddler.com

Good thing bout hot weather

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Fellas,

Over the last few weeks it haz been 112 a few times. It wuz hard on everbody 'n everthin'. But it iz 90 outside 'n felt like spring all day long. There iz a breeze 'n a hoodoochie comin' frum Kansas....mebbe it iz Toto tryin' ta run off agin? I only changed clothes once today. If we had any bluebirds, one likely woulda landed on my shoulder 'n went ta singin' Zippity Doh Dah.

High in the 80's next week when the rain sets in. Mite have ta find a stylish jacket. :lol: :lol:

regards
bearridge

Veni, Vidi, Vinny. [I came, I saw, I was made an offer I could not refuse.] unknown

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Index sez 67 now. There iz a big, slow movin' hoodoochie over Arkansaw 'n it haz begun ta sprinkle here. Supposed ta set rite down 'n visit us fer 2-3 days. Gotta go find my wool socks. :wink: It mite even fill a bayou (cover the old washin' machines, sofas, plastic milk jugs 'n assorted littler frum the trash whose knuckles barely miss the ground). If it does I got a choice, the big muddy fer a test paddle 'er a chemical ditch. Hmm......I reckon both of 'em iz sewers. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Zippity Doh Dah ya'll
bearridge

I've always figured that if God wanted us to go to church a lot He'd have given us bigger behinds to sit on and smaller heads to think with. P. J. O'Rourke

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Bear...

92 outside and it feels ... GOOD... , the so called cold front moved threw and took the hum-dimity down to almost nothing , well anyway almost nothing for here in the land of heat and humidity.

Sitting out on the back porch with a north western breeze blowing and sipping a LARGE Glass of ice tea ... dreaming up Lawyer jokes ... Yep not a Bud :shock: , what can I say. :?

Dang if it don't feel great , almost makes me want to go camping. They say the Ocala area will be at 70 tonight and that is ideal weather for a night at Gores Landing with the tent campers windows open so a body can listen to all the Owls sounding off during the night.

Trouble of it is .... I'm stuck here. Between working on the canoe and the rest along with a Doc's visit in the morning to have a physical which I am way past due on .......... Man , I hope he runs out of rubber gloves. :oops:

The world hates me , the weather hates me , I was born under the sign of the Buzzard and even they crap on me , woe is me , no one knows the troubles I have caused. :lol:

OK.. So some do know about the troubles I have caused , like this web site. Fortunately we keep that quiet. :?

Chuck.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
bearridge said:
I've always figured that if God wanted us to go to church a lot He'd have given us bigger behinds to sit on and smaller heads to think with. P. J. O'Rourke

OK , Now I know why women are so worried about there backsides , My guess is that it is all the TV Minsters that cause them to have that Wide Load sign across there posterior.

Church is a good thing , I was there one time but it was a long time ago. The good news is the roof did not cost that much to fix and all the scrap lumber from it falling was made into a play area for the kids. :D

Chuck.
Yep , this is from the Chaplin's representative when I was in the real military service , Navy an Marines. None of those weekend warriors or civilians in uniform critters.
Give me the woods an water ... any-day , he made them , man made all the rest for sinners to pay the hypocrites called preachers. ( There are a few good ones , you find one , stay with him )

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
oldsparkey said:
... Give me the woods an water ... anyday , he made them , man made all the rest for sinners to repent in.
... and man also made the definitions of sin for them too. Handy, ehh? sorta like a vested interest setting up the trap, the rescue, and the toll. If it were an incorporated business doing that, government would be all over them like a duck on a June bug.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
A June Bug the size of a Greyhound Bus and a Duck the size of Godzilla.

The best a person can do is to obey the original 10 laws and live by them , hard to do at times but not impossible if you have the intestinal fortitude to do it.

I'm wishing one of them does not count when in the military or Law Enforcement when serving your government or state , the other one , OK... I needed the gas at that time. Besides it was only $0.35 a gallon back then and I did not take that much.

I'll pay the restitution for it , if it is necessary.

Chuck.