Got Lazy | SouthernPaddler.com

Got Lazy

Wimperdink

Feb 21, 2007
East TN in the Smokies
or is this just considered "energy efficiant".

piroguepower01.jpg

piroguepower02.jpg

piroguepower03.jpg

piroguepower04.jpg

piroguepower05.jpg

piroguepower06.jpg

piroguepower07.jpg

piroguepower08.jpg

And I have some movies. they are all around about 7 meg So they may be long downloads for those of you on dialup.

Movie1
Movie2
Movie3

Wannabe

Apr 5, 2007
on the bank of Trinity Bay
Mr. Dink
Looks like youv'e had your thinking cap on and it wasn't on backwards. Ingenious. I you did that here in Texas you would have to register your boat and put a big ugly number on it. Its paddle or oar or you get to pay the tax. :x Anyone interested in another Tea Party? :D
Bob

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Same thing in Florida , put a trolling motor on a inner tube and it needs to be registered .... Even a hand operated motor needs to be registered , anything that is considerer a form of mechanical propulsion is taxable and has to be licensed by the state of confusion. "O"oooop's .. Florida.

Chuck.

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Friend Wimp,

Looks like ya'll need bout 40 days of rain. :wink:

regards
bearridge

The dead take with them to the grave only that which they have given away. Anonymous

seedtick

Jul 22, 2006
Denham Springs, LA
Like your "U-Joint" - brilliant

I tired something similar years ago with a broom handle and radiator hose, but without the u joint it's virtually unworkable.

Wimperdink

Feb 21, 2007
East TN in the Smokies
lol thanks for the compliments fellas. And yes JEM i've always been a lil lazy. I was just really feeling it today when it got windy and I was sick of beating myself up. I am supposed to register it in TN too. The water police are pretty cool and i'll wait for them to say something. If I have problems i'll just redesign it so its hidden under the hull somehow. I'm not paying tax on a home built pirogue lol.

bearridge - this lake is a man made hydroelectric lake. It gets drained about 40' every winter. It should be coming back up soon. We had a good rain today that should bring it back up soon.

That U-joint is a couple of my home made fishing pole holders with a piece of pipe between. :)

poleholders09.jpg

Wimperdink

Feb 21, 2007
East TN in the Smokies
islandpiper said:
Wimperdink.....if you go boating on a HYDROELECTRIC LAKE do you have to carry a battery or do you just drag the connection clamps over the side?

Piper

I just about spewed my mello yello all over the keyboard when I read that. Shhhhhh Don't tell. Its the newest form of alternative energy. Still in test form.

BEARS BUDDY

Aug 27, 2003
BAY CITY MI
Wannabe said:
Mr. Dink
Looks like youv'e had your thinking cap on and it wasn't on backwards. Ingenious. I you did that here in Texas you would have to register your boat and put a big ugly number on it. Its paddle or oar or you get to pay the tax. :x Anyone interested in another Tea Party? :D
Bob

Same here in Michigan. and Yes, except we should be throwing politicians overboard--into the settling tanks at the local wastewater plant where they can mingle with others of their kind.

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
islandpiper said:
Wimperdink.....if you go boating on a HYDROELECTRIC LAKE do you have to carry a battery or do you just drag the connection clamps over the side?
Yes, but you have to separate the anode clamp from the cathode clamp by at least 4.7 feet (as measured on a 70 degree day). Otherwise, the electrical differential of voltage potential is insufficient. Too many ohms in the amps, otherwise.

Wimperdink

Feb 21, 2007
East TN in the Smokies
Kayak Jack said:
islandpiper said:
Yes, but you have to separate the anode clamp from the cathode clamp by at least 4.7 feet (as measured on a 70 degree day). Otherwise, the electrical differential of voltage potential is insufficient. Too many ohms in the amps, otherwise.

inadvertantly, the fishing is much better this way too. :idea: