Grandson's new paddle | SouthernPaddler.com

Grandson's new paddle

buckisland1950

Aug 15, 2007
Savannah, GA
My grandson finally had an opportunity to paddle with me at Fort Mountain Park a few weeks back and said his old paddle was too small for him now. He also liked the idea of a bamboo handle so back to the workshop I went.

IMG_3518.jpg

Had to make it personal for him as well.......

IMG_3519.jpg

I took some bamboo flooring and cut enough thin strips to laminate them into a shaft. The paddle has a good flex to it and while I was at it made a ottertail paddle with bamboo handle for myself as well...

buckisland1950

Aug 15, 2007
Savannah, GA
Now that I have two grandson's I couldn't play favorites so I made this one for my newest grandson and gave it to him on the day of his Christening.....

IMG_0250.jpg

New paddle for a new man..... Not the one holding the paddle, the one in Mommies arms........

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Franke....

Congratulations on the new paddler and I am sure he will put that paddle to good use when padding with gram-paw. "O" by the way , congratulations on mastering the new photo web site , it is a pleasure to enjoy your enjoyment.

With some luck in about 4 to 5 weeks I will be in the same boat as you , a new paddler to teach on my trips to Canada. Guess I better wait till he is out of the diapers , I hate changing those things and that was over 30 years ago , it can't of gotten any better by now. Heck , hold off till summer up there , solid water is no fun to paddle on. :D