Guy Fawkes Mississippi Lead Fling | SouthernPaddler.com

Guy Fawkes Mississippi Lead Fling

jdupre'

Sep 9, 2007
South Louisiana
Another fantastic outing with a great group of guys! Low thirties nighttime temps and beautiful long-sleeve daytime weather under cloudless skies. A little nippy at night for the three of us sleeping in hammocks. Same guys as last year..... Piper, bearridge, seedtick, keith and I .........with the addition of Bruce R. Bruce is another great guy that fit right in with the gang. He even plays a bit of violin.

Thanks goes out to Pete again for the use of his camp facilities. Pete even treated us to a feed of fried catfish and backstrap from deer he took on his lease. He also cooked a great sausage gumbo for us. Pete is good people.

Food, food and more food.....as usual. Bearridge had some killer red beans and rice and cheese grits. Seedtick grilled up some scrumptious boudin for second or third breakfasts.......can't remember. :) Boatbuilder keith smoked up some tasty pork...brisket.... I think. Piper.........well, piper did his usual power cooking. Dutch oven bisquits, corn bread and sticky buns with some of Bear's fresh shelled pecans. There was a bacon explosion, too. With help from piper, I made a cherry crisp cobbler in the D.O., using charcoal briquettes with it for the first time. I also whipped up a shrimp stew over the campfire.

Lot's of shooting, eating , eating, lounging, bull-shooting, eating and napping going on. Pics to follow. I'll let the other guys chime in.

Joey

islandpiper

yup, same here.

405213_3221933154181_1442019378_3233250_1478073026_n.jpg

jdupre'

Sep 9, 2007
South Louisiana
More pics.

Piper and Bruce making some music

100_1230.jpg

Our host, Pete, shooting his new toy.......Armalite .50 ...as in 50 BMG ....Browning MACHINE GUN!
Check out the blast from the surpressor and at the breech!

100_1235.jpg

We felt the blast 20 feet away. The pressure wave puffed up the white canopy on every shot. 5 Bucks a shot.

Joey