Had to paddle | SouthernPaddler.com

Had to paddle

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
I have been working on Freedom but it was so pretty today had to get on the river.
I had a friend of mine about five miles down the Brazos camping so loaded the little plastic boat and took off.
Unloaded at Falls on the Brazos the water was low so had to wade for couple hundred yards then hopped in enjoyed the ride thru swift water and mini rapids the little heritage sink was blast to paddle and even with a stiff head wind made good time going the five miles down to there camp.
The one thing i really love about yaks after several trips in canoes is wind doesn't affect them nearly as much.
When i got to camp they were celebrating Kim had just landed his first 100lb gator gar.
I stay for a while then started back up river wind at my back was a enjoyable after noon .
If the freedom is as much better as I think it will be than this 10fter I'am going to be in hog heaven
Ron

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Friend Ron,

Thanks. All of us who caint git on the water like hearin' frum ya'll who did. I dont reckon ya took any digitized pichurs....of the falls?

regards
bearridge

Most people are bothered by those passages of Scripture they do not understand, but the passages that bother me are those I do understand. Mark Twain

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Friend Ron,

Born in Dallas, reared in the heart of The Delta. These days Miz Bear 'n me live jest off Highway 61, the Blues Highway.

regards
bearridge

In this country we have no place for hyphenated Americans. Theodore Roosevelt