Hell of a week ,some good some bad | SouthernPaddler.com

Hell of a week ,some good some bad

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
Started of week Sondras heart went back into afib and then she fell and hurt her back. So the procedure to shock it back in rythum was schelduled for Tuesday of this week. Back is still giving her hell but we had a pleasnt surprise when they were getting her ready for the procedure. Yep her heart had straightened up on its own.
A week ago I woke up during the night with a bull standing on my chest. I took some anacids and walked the floor for awhile and it finally settled down. Friday it got a little worse ,but I could stil make it settle down. Well this morning the horse had turned into a sherman tank sitting on my chest and I was hurting so bad I could barely stand up. Now Sondra is on a bunch of med and with hurting her back cant move around much , but this afternoon couldnt make the pain settle down at all. Went to er, Now the good news heart checked out good, There guessing a hylitail hernia.
I guess I will find out in the morning if they were right when I try to drink that first cup of coffee.
Ron
Like the man said getting old aint for sissies

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Yep , getting older is just so much fun with all sorts of new experiences. The almost golden years. :roll:

Sondra lucked out otherwise she could of had one of these defibrillators / pacemaker implanted to correct her condition. You better slow down and stay around without any more farm animals sitting on your chest.

Chuck.

Wannabe

Apr 5, 2007
on the bank of Trinity Bay
Hate to hear of your string of bad luck. Hate to hear that about Sondra. She definitely does not need any more excitement. You should be very wary of chest pains. My buddy used to drive the VFD ambulance and he said that he couldn't guess how many people he collected over the years off the side of I-10 that had died with a bottle or roll of antiacid in their hands. Gall Bladder can do that too. When do you get that fixed?
Bob

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
Bob
The zantacs and nexium are doing a pretty good job controlling it right now. We need to wait a few days and see if it improves.
Ron

hairymick01

G'day Ron, that was a hell of a week mate. Sorry to hear about Sondra' afib stuff. I got the same thing.

Re the bull sitting on ya chest - step out to back and give yourself an uppercut. You were very luck that it was 't your heart, otherwise you could well not be here now. You get chest pains like that Get to the freaking doctor mate. Call 911 if you have to. You are no bloody good to Sondra dead.
End of rant. Sorry

dawallace45

Ron

Sorry to hear all that is happening , hope Sondra is completely well as soon as possible

Those chest pains can be a bit scary , not just for you but for those around you

I have a ulcer that plays up from time to time , generally when I'm worried about some one else , it hits hard like some one shoving a hot knitting needle into my chest and twisting it around , I've had to talk my self out of ending up in a hospital bed several times , unfortunately there have been times I didn't talk fast enough and did end up in an ambulance or a hospital bed

But having said that I will say that if I wasn't 100% sure what the problem was I'd be calling the ambulance my self with out hesitation

David

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
I guess I should explain why I waited so long to go to the er, I wasnt sweating short of breath or sick at my stomach. I had also drank a couple of cokes and belched ,instant relief,now if it was my heart that wouldnt have helped.
Some good news ,went to the Va today and got checked a little more, all came up good on the heart and gal bladder, reflux seems to be the what they suspect. Got four meds took one on the way home ,was first time in 3 weeks I wasnt hurting ,and ate supper with no after pain.
So maybe I am on the road back.
Ron

oldbuffpilot

May 13, 2014
Central Kansas and Central Texas
Ron,
Glad to hear you have solved cause of the chest pain. I went through a similar situation right after I retired from the military. Sorry you had to go through that, but glad you have some positive news. Take care of both of you.

Good Fish’n,
Andy
Hey, I posted this without having to sign in! Followed your advice and changed some settings.

Wannabe

Apr 5, 2007
on the bank of Trinity Bay
Hey Ron. Could you possibly post that picture again of that skinny A$$ed kid with that Big A$$ed gar hung up in the air? Thank's for letting me sneak this in. :wink:
Glad everything is working out.
Bob