Hey Dave......

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Friend Dave,

Feelin' chipper yet? What gotcha?

regards
bearridge

ps Steve ya takin' it eazy? Piper....kin ya see good yet? Chuck....ya any better? :roll: :roll: :roll:

I don't have no fear of death. My only fear is coming back reincarnated. Tupac Shakur

kc4zvw

Oct 26, 2003
Chuluota, Florida
www.billsbrough.org
bearridge said:
Friend Dave,

Feelin' chipper yet? What gotcha?

regards
bearridge

ps Steve ya takin' it eazy? Piper....kin ya see good yet? Chuck....ya any better? :roll: :roll: :roll:

I'm still here and passing drugs though me like cheap beer ... without the
fun of drinking the beer. One more day of pills.

Must stay out of strong sunshine and abstain from alcohol ... is this any way to treat a sailor? :?

regards,

David

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
kc4zvw said:
Must stay out of strong sunshine and abstain from alcohol ... is this any way to treat a sailor?
Whew.....at least they didnt tell ya not ta cuss! :mrgreen:

regards
bearridge

Some men are alive simply because it is against the law to kill them. Ed Howe

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Bear...

I think I am OK but you never know , off to the doc's for the three month or 30 mile checkup in the morning. :evil:

My guess is that David is trapped in his house , the sun down here is a real furnace or flame thrower at this time of the year.

Chuck.

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Psssstt Jack,

I wuz scarit that doc had Dave pegged az a vampire with a drinkin' problem. One of them vampire gals mite have bit him on the neck 'n drained hiz crank case? Aint nuthin' worse than a drunk vampire.....less yer in Washington. 8)

dont tell nobody
bearridge

ps I heard the High Sheriff wuz gwine under the knife ta come out lookin' like Charles Bronson....'er wuz it Charles Colson? One of 'em. :lol:

Josey Wales: You a bounty hunter?
Bounty Hunter: A man has to do something these days to earn a living.
Josey Wales: Dyin' ain't much of a living boy.

islandpiper

Dear Uncle Bearridge, ya boy, I'm seeing better all the time. Here I was, ready to buy a ticket to go visit with Kayak Jack earlier in the spring, and then I got so I could see pretty good about three weeks ago, now it's too late, the mere sight of that geezer could be a shock to my system. Honestly, my right eye sees pretty good with the new contact lens, but the base curvature was wrong so they are making another one. My left eye still has 16-stitches in it and they will be ther for another 12 months or so, but the pulled the adipose stitch on monday because it was convenient to do so. Then, measured me for a contact on that one too, I wrote a chect for $250 and pretended to smile at the technician, and she ordered the lens. In a couple of weeks it should be in and with luck it will fit.

Overall, I see much better. My multiple images are fewer and closer together. Where the moon used to take up a space about 8-moon-diameters wide and tall, it is now about 1.5 or 2 moons wide. That is a major improvement. I still don't see like you see, but I'm not blind anymore. If there is e-mail in heaven, I'd like to pass along my sincere thank-you to those donors who went before and left me their corneas....

Unless you have some donor-tissue on board you may never really grasp the gravity of my THANK YOU......Thank God I live in a time and place where such surgeries are possible and acceptable.

Bearridge, thanks for asking. I'll look you up one of these times when I am in the far northern end of Louisiana and we can get together for a beer and some boat-talk.

Piper

islandpiper

hey Bob, I went out and trained and qualified just a couple of weeks ago and put 36 in the space of a paper plate with single and double action from five feet, ten feet and 15 feet, 12-rounds each. Lots of time, no pressure and good llighting helped, I'm sure. I'll be going back to the range and burning a box or so next chance I get.

The "formal" training, to get certification for a Louisiana CCW was well worth the $125 and a day in the classroom and range with a retired State Trooper and a retired Treasury Officer. Very informative, and I am much more confident and more aware of safety procedures.

So, to answer your question the short way.....yup, I can hit a paper plate. God help the next one that tries to hold me up!!

Piper

Wannabe

Apr 5, 2007
on the bank of Trinity Bay
Piper,
Well, I'm just as proud as punch for you. Much fun. What was that $125 about? I' ve heard of people paying for it. Maby I' just lucky getting mine for free. One of my buddies is an instructor and did not charge me. He took my fingerprints on the tailgate of his truck and took my picture in his barn. When I got my renewal he took my fingerprints on my BBQ pit. Does that make me a redneck cracker?
Bob

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
David,

Ya off the dope........back ta drinkin' beer, plunderin', flyin' the skull 'n crossed bones 'n cussin'? :wink:

regards
bearridge
shade tree medikle clinic

ps Chuck, ya any better? Jest makin' rounds. :mrgreen:

Lord loves a workin' man; don't trust whitey; see a doctor and get rid of it. Navin Johnson