Home Made Chicken Noodle Soup. | SouthernPaddler.com

Home Made Chicken Noodle Soup.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
I know it is on here somewhere.... My Chicken Noodle Soup.

Take some chicken breasts or the chicken parts that you like.... Get a pot of water boiling and dump them in there , let the mess cook for several hours and then take them out and skin /de bone them , put the meat back in.....

Add some chopped up onion , carrots , celery and garlic and a couple of chicken bullion cubes .....let that cook for a while.
Add some salt , pepper and cayenne, let it go for a while and then do some noodles in a separate pot , I like the wide noodles.

When the noodles are done add them to the soup along with some more water or chicken broth. Mix it up and make sure it is hot ... then serve.
The noodles will soak up a lot of the juice while you are enjoying it ( chowing down) so you might have to add some more water but it is really better the next day...... A home cooked , tasty , filling ....Heat and Eat meal.

Mine is so thick and you can eat it with a fork if you want to , not the runny mess that comes in a can. Plus I know what is in it.

"O" Almost forgot...... When it is cooled down , then put the serving amount you would want for one meal in a zip lock and roll it up so it looks like a log , seal the bag (freeze it) and then you have it made in the shade out camping or at work for a home cooked meal. It sure beats the store bought stuff.:D

All the above is the basic way to do it... I like to add Marjoram , Thyme , Rosemary , Sage , Oregano and Basil to mine , the same are in the water when I cook the noodles.
Just remember this is like the boats we build .. it is done your way , not what everyone else does.

Chuck.

JEM

I went looking for you original post but couldn't find it either. So I decided to wing it (pun highly intended).

Picked up a whole, but cut up chicken complete with gizzards.

Got a pot of water going with about 3" of water. In that pot I tossed 1/2 stick butter and some garlic gloves. Once it got warm enough to melt the butter, I put in the chicken and simmered it slow until the chicken was no longer pink.

Removed the chicken, let it cool, and deboned it. Tossed the gizzards and skins, cut up the chicken in bite-size pieces, covered, put in the fridge. I put the large bones back into the broth and cut up some carrots and celery. Simmered those slow.

In a separate pot I cut up a large onion, green bell pepper, a few carrots (but not many because we're not big cooked carrot fans) more celery, and garlic. I took a few cups of the chicken broth on put it in the separate pot. Filled the rest of the way to cover the vegetables with water.

Boiled those until they were falling-part-tender. Let them cool a bit and then blended them until purified. Dumped that into the broth. It thickens the broth and is good for hiding vegetables from kids who aren't fans of them. Adds great flavor to the broth.

The purified vegetables come out a nice puke green color. But when you mix it in with the broth, it combines to make a nice thick broth color. If you add too many carrots, it looks nasty. So just cook those in large chunks.

I started this late last night so I put it in the fridge over night. You get a good amount of fat from the chicken skin. That fat floats to the top while in the fridge and cooling overnight so you can just scoop that off and toss it if so desired.

Warmed up the soup this morning and took out about 4 cups of broth into another pot for making egg noodles. In the other pot, I also added a can of chicken broth and water and boiled a 12-ounce pack of egg noodles. Dumped the hole works into the soup.

I added a little bit of instant mashed potatoes to give a little extra thickness because that's just the way I like it. Not required.

When the wife wasn't looking, I grabbed a handful of sharp cheddar cheese and mixed that it. It melts away with no evidence except a little extra zing to the soup. :p

Salt. pepper, and other seasoning to taste. It turned out REALLY good.

Daughter is on her second bowl. Wife refuses to try it because of a comment I made this morning when I was half awake and grumpy. Be she keeps walking by and smelling. I'll break her soon! :twisted:

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Chuck is mak'n chicken noodle soup??! Cold snap musta hit Floridy as the 'Caine blew by up the coast!

Matt....NEVER EVER admit to the wife you was grumpy!!! You'll be labeled by her for life! :shock: