Hot 18 miles but fun | SouthernPaddler.com

Hot 18 miles but fun

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
Glenn and I put in on the Brazos ,about 18 miles above the highway seven bridge.
Started of casting for bass but no takers,after a few miles we stopped put out the rods and started catching a few catfish .
It was hot Glen was fussing about it ,I told him to just lay down in the river the nut he is off he tromps into the water,rod with him off course.

IM002387.jpg

and the lucky thing he is here he is about a minute later

IM002389.jpg

We caught 7 keeper cats,two twisters that were to small.

Caught several gar all longnose.
IM002391.jpg

WE saw a couple things that were a little out of the ordinary ,Grey herons are normaly solitary
birds on the river we saw about thirty bunched up on a sand bar,I have never seen that before,hogs were everywhere ,I guess they were having to come to water it was so hot,saw the most around 1 oclock
And as we were coming in I had about a four foot fish gar swimming beside the boat that was cold black,not a light spot on him.( I know thats three but its been a long day)
All the little mods I did to the boat worked well.
Ron

Any of this look familure
IM002384.jpg

put in

IM002392.jpg

IM002393.jpg

campsite and sene of the big blow

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Dang......thanks for the pichurs of the put in and the One Shoe Bar. 18 miles in one day? Holy mackeral there Kingfish! lol

regards
bearridge

ps Wish I had been on the water yesterday.....today 'n tomorrow too.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Glenn ain't no fool , I would of been in the Brazos with the boat being towed behind me for the trip. :D Well anyway till you decided to stop and cook up a Frito Pie. :wink:

One Shoe Bar , I like that name for the sand bar , good going there Bear. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chuck

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
I put up a couple crosses on the bar,one for chucks Tent the other for one shoe.
You know bear we aint to smart, all them tires in the river we could have whooped you out a pair of wet back sandles in no time. What were we thinking?
Ron

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
not stylish enuff...... [chuckle] I once tore up a river shoe. Duct tape dont look too stylish, but it works.

I have spent many a fine hour in the Big Muddy doin' the same az Gerald....cept fer the fishin' part. I hear it callin' me....louder ever dang day. Miz Bear dont like it when I shove off by myownself. It makes it hard when yer shuttle bunny iz on the wrong page. [sigh]