Hot Crab Dip... | SouthernPaddler.com

Hot Crab Dip...

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Another favorite of ours around the Hoilidays...

Hot Crab Dip

Teaspoon of Old Bay
Dash of salt and pepper
dash of Tabasco
2 or 3 tablespoons of minced onion
1-8 oz package of cream cheese
2 tablespoons of milk
about a half tablespoon of horseradish(prepared)
8 oz can of crabmeat, drained and flaked

Pre heat the oven to 375
Mix all the above in a bowl and spread in a pie pan
Bake about 15-20 minutes
Serve with your favorite crackers

:idea: Now, we have even made it more rich once in awhile by adding a half cup of Miracle Whip and some grated cheddar cheese and more crab meat. We have also used that frozen imitation crabmeat and it has worked real well. Pretty easy recipe and you can change things to suit your own taste. I make this for Christmas partys and I can bet money this is one of first things to disapear. Maybe Chuck will be crab'n this week. 'Course this don't look like a heart healthy recipe with cream cheese.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Here we go again with the canned stuff ..... but if you live in Pennsyltucky it might be hard to take a chicken neck, tie on a string and get all of the crabs you want.
The last time I did that I had over 25 gallons of blue shells , cleaning them was something else. :evil:

Never have been in that Pennsyltucky situation so I like the fresh crab but I will have to try this and , shutter, choke, sniffle, cover my face then go to the store to actually purchase a can of crab to try it since it sounds so darn good.
Plus it is a lot simpler opening a can of crab meat then cooking and cleaning the suckers. :wink:

Chuck.