010-2.jpg

007-3.jpg

f7f1d363-07f5-4b6a-ba8a-1c0b50bb29eb.jpg

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Wannabe said:
They say a picture is worth a thousand words. I say a picture creates a thousand questions.
Bob

I agree with you Bob , there are a lot of questions and the 1st one I can think of is where did he purchase those knives. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ron.... You sure have made a couple of winners this time , all your knives are really great but these two are something special.

Chuck.

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
Yea that guy sure was cussing me when I tackled him and took those knives away from him.
Oh the R T stands for Republic of Texas
Ron

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
I guess I should have given a few specs on these knives.
They are both 1095 steel heat treated to my specs for a good balance in a knife
The top one has a 4 inch blade flat grind , 9 inch overall. The gentleman that ordered it has big hands so handle was built to his specs.
The price was xxxxxx tyd including a custom sheath , my sheaths are a little different ,I treat in melted beeswax which does two things,the sheath can be formed for a good friction fit and be hard as a rock. I like this process for another reason,raw leather tends to rust a carbon knife ,a sheath treated with beeswax seems to help lubricate and protect the knife from rusting.
The second knife
1095 steel ,6 7/8 overall 3 5/8 blade flat grind, custom sheath
Ron
PS Thanks for the thumbs up

jdupre'

Sep 9, 2007
South Louisiana
I like those designs, Ron. Unusual handle slabs there. I'll take a guess they are from homemade material, possibly black cloth and aluminum or stainless foil ????

Joey