How to build a boat without a garage/shed | SouthernPaddler.com

How to build a boat without a garage/shed

4x4kayak2112

Nov 12, 2009
My house dosent have a car port or a shed or a garage, how do build me a pirogue with out the weather damaging it?

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Depends on weather or not you are married.

One guy in Canada built his in his 2nd floor apartment and when it was done he removed a window and lowered it to a friend standing outside. Actually more then one guy has done that , several have , even a few on the Texas coast line of the Gulf.
Some folks had built those temporary covers ( from PVC Pipe and a tarp) to make a boat under.
Others have built them in there living rooms , spare bedrooms , hallways , you know the area you have. I think one guy actually rented one of the "U"Store it areas for a month or two to build one in.
:lol: I have even thought of doing that in the summertime since my shop is not air conditioned and gets really hot in there. Plus I would not be stepping over the stuff the wife likes to store in my shop.

My guess on where to build one is like building the boat , it takes imagination on what you want to do and how to do it.

Chuck.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
The reason I asked about the married part is that , normally , wives don't like the sawdust in the living room. Heaven forbid if you have a cat or two in the house ( or worse yet , they are the wives cats) when you start the epoxy and fiber glassing.

Chuck.