I want to do this when I grow up | SouthernPaddler.com

I want to do this when I grow up

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Without any explanation of what a string sight is, and not seeing the arrow hit, and vehicle traffic in the background of the line of fire, I'd say his video doesn't show much of any use. What is a string sight? How does it work? Why did he shoot with that kind of a hold and release?

Ron, I know that you know a lot about archery, so this obviously means something to you. What more information can you provide to fill in the large blanks?

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
Jack
That bow has a peep site in the string, he installed another higher just like raising the rear sight on an old sharp rifle that gives you more range, he never broke the video are stopped it
he just zoomed in till you could see the lighted nock shinning in the center of the target.
As far as vehicles from his vantage point he could probably see anything coming.
Let me explain how difficult that is , take a m 14 and hook pull a rope run over a pulley with 60 lbs on it then hold it up and with no sling shooting off hand squeeze a round off , 99.9 % of folks cant hit within 20 yards of that target.
Thats why it is special
Ron
Thats equal to a 2000 meter shot with a 30 carbine