In this crazy election season | SouthernPaddler.com

In this crazy election season

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
My cousin ( The Pastor ) sent this in a email to me and I wanted to pass it along as food for thought.
***********************************************************************************************************************************************
Bible Study,

In this crazy election season I decided a little religion might be appropriate so here is a short Bible study.
Remember what Jesus said: 'Goats on the left, sheep on the
right' (Matthew 25:33).

Jesus also told Peter that if he wanted to catch fish do it from the right side of the boat. They did and filled the boat with fish.
John 21:6 (NIV) ... He said, "Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some." When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish."

Origin of Left & Right...

I have often wondered why it is that Conservatives are called the right" and Liberals are called the "left". By chance I stumbled upon this verse in the Bible: Ecclesiastes 10:2 (NIV) - "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Thus sayeth the Lord. Amen.
It surely can't get any simpler than that.

Spelling Lesson :

The last four letters in American.......... I Can
The last four letters in Republican........ I Can
The last four letters in Democrats......... Rats

End of lesson ! .....Test to follow on November 6, 2016 .

Remember, November 2016 is to be set aside as rodent removal month.

Please share this Bible Lesson with all your friends and email buddies to help achieve that goal. Never grow a wishbone where a backbone ought to be.

doc

Jul 14, 2011
Mississippi
Now let me get this straight Swampwood: God's Word is useful in every arena of life except politics? Fools congregate in the political arena but referencing God's Word there would make them even more foolish? It's no wonder Jesus liked to board a boat and sail away from all the religious folk. Just picking atchya.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
swampwood said:
Only a foolish person would use Gods word for their own political beliefs! God does not choose sides, people do!

Not only politicians but a lot of other professions and non professionals like to use God's word for there benefit or beliefs when it will/would benefit only them.

I guess that is why there are two things that always stars an argument when discussed ...
Not only arguments , Wars have been fought over the same two things. they are Religion or Politics... and Yes it is the people that choose sides in both.