Interesting Read... | SouthernPaddler.com

Interesting Read...

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
A flat bottomed canoe would be useful on many small lakes and rivers in Michigan's Upper Peninsula (from whence Piper San hails). Water that is shallow, sluggish, and full of barriers is where they shine.

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Mick, I still go back, admire, and look at your picture on the high seas with that Touring Pirogue you built! I love that thing. I'm pecking away at Matt's T right now when time permits. I bought both plans for the one you built and the modified one with sides. May end up with two more of these beauties!

Jimmy W

May 1, 2006
north georgia, USA
The pirogue's ability to maneuver in shallow, narrow waterways while carrying a considerable load makes it the perfect cram for waterfowlers hunting marshes and swamps for small-water anglers.
Do the waterfowlers really hunt for anglers over thar? I hope that it is just when the anglers get lost and not to shoot.

seedtick

Jul 22, 2006
Denham Springs, LA
trr,
i didn't quite get that cocave bottom and bubble effect story either. maybe with negative rocker, you could trap the bubble, otherwise it just scoots out the back.

there are some builders down on the coast that have a slightly convex bottom (as opposed to a flat bottom) so the pirogue will break vacuum when you get it on a mud flat.