Interior Paint | SouthernPaddler.com

Interior Paint

beekeeper

Mar 4, 2009
My pirogue build was one problem (error) after another. Wanted to finish it natural, but decided to paint it because I was not happy with the splices in the Luan.
Went to Ace and told them I was painting another boat and wanted exterior latex like I had befor. The clerk prepared to mix the color and I noticed the can was different. I asked if it was the same as befor (exterior). He said yes they change the color of the cans all the time.
I put on two coats and then decided to put one more but, Did not have enough paint to finish. My neighbor was going to ACE that day and offered to bring me a can. When I started to copy the color code, it said interior. :evil: :oops: :cry:
The store manager replaced the paint with exterior at no charge. He thought like me, it would be OK if I painted over the interior with exterior. Wrong!

IMG_1638.jpg

Ended up striping it and repainting. Lesson = There is more to exterior paint than U.V. inhibitors. Read the label.

beekeeper

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Not sure about you but I am tired of scraping and sanding and scraping and sanding and scraping off varnish. I have been digging around in the Jamestown Distributors web site looking at varnish/paint removers. They would even get into the tight areas where the scraper and sandpaper does not like to go.

Thinking it would be a lot easier getting down to the fiberglass with a remover that would not hurt the glass but peel off the varnish. :D

beekeeper

Mar 4, 2009
oldsparkey said:
Not sure about you but I am tired of scraping and sanding and scraping and sanding and scraping off varnish. I have been digging around in the Jamestown Distributors web site looking at varnish/paint removers. They would even get into the tight areas where the scraper and sandpaper does not like to go.

Thinking it would be a lot easier getting down to the fiberglass with a remover that would not hurt the glass but peel off the varnish. :D

I don't know if it really would but, some of the "paint" removers I saw said for "epoxy" also. Be careful.

beekeeper