Johnny Punt | SouthernPaddler.com

Johnny Punt

funbun

Sep 11, 2007
Alabama
Okay, here's my idea for a jon/punt boat. The idea was to build a jon boat with no curves or bends. This boat is for me, river fishing at night for crappie using fishing lights. Stability and storage space are more important than anything else for me.

I plan to power it with a five to 10 hp outboard to get upstream and an electric trolling motor for silent approach and positioning. I plan on anchoring down at creek mouths and the like and fishing with submersible fishing lights. I'm done fishing for fun. I want food instead.

Below is a link to what I'm talking about. Please give me any potential pitfalls or advice.

Johnny Punt

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Never been in one but they have been a backwater boat in Florida for ages , especially for the folks that like to hunt ( Poach ) Gators and other critters.
Most of the time is is towed behind there other boat , then it is paddled or poled into where they want to be.

Chuck.

funbun

Sep 11, 2007
Alabama
Wow, that is a nice video. It has given me some ideas. These guys are big on Gorilla Glue! I've never liked the air pockets in Gorilla Glue when it cures. It seems that it would make for a weaker joint than a solid mass like epoxy and filler.