Just a couple of pellets | SouthernPaddler.com

Just a couple of pellets

islandpiper

I thought I should share a couple of pics of what i can do with a pellet rifle. After watching an old Robin Hood movie where the hero shot an arrow and split it with the next arrow I was motivated to go out and do this. Using my trusty old Crossman I pumped it up three times so it wouldn't shoot too fast, and lobbed a pellet vertically. Then, reloaded and pumped five times to give the second pellet more speed and power, and taking careful aim put the second pellet right up the skirt of the first one. This added lift from the impact gave me a chance to set the rifle down carefully and walk to where the now-connected pair would be coming down. I doffed my baseball cap and caught them, together, just as neat as you please.

DSCF0138.jpg

DSCF0140.jpg

Now, I'm not the best shot in the world. It took me three tries to get a pair that was hooked together like this.

What do you think Joey? piper

PS: The moral of the story is: THIS IS AN ELECTION YEAR, DON'T BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU READ.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Piper....

Good thing that you thought it our before trying to do that.
Most folks would of shot the faster one 1st and then the slower one but as everyone knows the slower one would of never caught up to that faster one.

The way you did it with the slower one going 1st that faster one caught up to it and nailed it as the pictures prove.

Joey... Ya better look out the next time you guys are out camping , Piper will be trying to wing shoot those flying fish in the Bayou off of Lake Verret. No fair shooting at them when they are roosting on the branches of the Cypress Trees , early morning or late evening. :wink:

Chuck.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
islandpiper said:
Chuck, he'd be happy if I picked off some the mullet that jump in front of the campsite. He might get jumpy when i start picking the deerflies off the brim of his cap.

Sit REALLY STILL for just a minute there, Joey.....one's about to land.

piper

Make sure you have a hunting license since there is ... DEER ... in there name. :roll:

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
I printed off a page of this post this morning , took it out back and placed it over a flower pot that I have some herbs started in... Watered the copy so it got the soil wet and dissolved in to it ..... you will not believe this but this evening those herbs are up about 6 inches tall. :D

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
What he didn't tell you, Piper San, is that the flower pot was upside down. So, instead of growing up, your particular brand of fertilizer made them grow down! Now, that me be molecular inversion, or it could be just low quality fecal matter.

Further experiments will have to be conducted. Try telling some more stories, and then we'll know for sure.