Just missed ya, | SouthernPaddler.com

Just missed ya,

swamprat

Aug 28, 2003
Venus Fl.
members.findmoore.net
I put in at the same ramp and paddled up to Hornesby springs Friday morning at daylight. Saw 11 deer in there, Had 4 of them swim across in front of me at no more than 10 ft away, pretty cool! Paddled out and fished my way down to the 27 ramp and called it a day.
Your boat looks good!

Floatforfish

Aug 28, 2003
Gainesville, FL
It was a great day. Where is Hornsby? I paddled as far as the YMCA camp but didn't know if it went farther. I plan to take my daughter out this weekend.

Aaron

swamprat

Aug 28, 2003
Venus Fl.
members.findmoore.net
That is Hornsby Aaron, The spring at the camp ( its camp kaluqua, A church retreat) is Hornsby. The one just before it with the platform and old broke down treehouse is treehouse springs. The first half of that little side trip is actually a old hand dug canal that used to be used to float small barges from an old plantation out to the river.Great place to paddle, Not many folks know about it and its close by for a quick paddle. I'm trying to figure out right now if I can legally camp on that little hill at the first spring/sink.

swamprat

Aug 28, 2003
Venus Fl.
members.findmoore.net
Hornsby is just another 500 ft or so, I caught 3 little bass there in that little spring friday morning then they got wise to my little foam spider. I just finished plotting all of the legal descriptions for Camp Kaluqua and they own ALL of that land, Was hoping that suwannee river water managment might have a piece in there but no luck :? Don't think kalaqua would take kindly to squatters as they charge high dollar for folks to come out there and recreate and retreat but I'll fire off an email and ask about camping , All They can say is no....