Kayak Jacks all Purpose Seasoning..... Good Stuff | SouthernPaddler.com

Kayak Jacks all Purpose Seasoning..... Good Stuff

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
I did some skinless, boneless chicken pieces tonight in the fry pan for the wife , pup's and I.

Put in some olive oil, got it hot, threw in the chicken and then sprinkled the chicken with Jack's seasoning.... Let it snap & crackle and pop for a while then flipped the chunks over and sprinkled the back side of them with some more of Jacks seasoning.

Let the whole mess cook for a short while and then added a little water while I got the rice going in a separate pot and some limas in the microwave.

When everything was done the wife & I had supper and I have to say this (it really pains me to say this) :p ole Jacks seasoning mix really gave the chicken a kick...... Some good stuff and if you missed it here is the mix.

Kayak Jacks Seasoning, he calls it Broth Powder....... :?

Broth Powder
1 Tbsp onion powder
1 Tbsp crumbled dried parsley leaves
2 tsp celery salt
1½ tsp garlic powder
½ tsp each, crumbled dried leaves of: thyme, marjoram, rosemary, tarragon, & basil.
¼ tsp paprika
¼ tsp white pepper
This makes both a nice seasoning for meats, and when added to a cup of boiling water, a teaspoon of it makes a nice broth to drink. Also goes well in rice.

Chuck.
PS. This would be some good stuff to mix up and keep in a container (I use a empty prescription container) for giving you camping meals a kick. :D
Forget the salt & pepper it is already in this really good combination of spices. :wink: YEP .. It is that good.

Jack stepping into Chuckie's post: This stuff is great with turkey-burger too, either fresh or dehydrated. Mix up and fry and eat fresh. Or, (1) fry the turkey burger until brown. (2) Rinse in a colendar under hot water, (3) dry on paper towels. (4) Dehydrate until it looks like Grape Nuts cereal. (5) Then pack in air-tight container (vacuum bag) and put in freezer for long life. (6) Mix into soups or in chilli, or rehydrate, add my bath powder, and use as a burger or Sloppy-Jack sandwich.

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Jack's Bath Powder

Chuckie is our fishing for kudos again. This stuff is in the cook book that he once recommended to me, and I now (again) recommend to you. This was last year, so he's forgotten it already.

The Back-Country Kitchen by Teresa Marrone. Published by Northern Trails Press, 5th printing 2002. Library of Congress# 96-92024. ISBN# 0-9651535-0-9.

This BROTH powder recipe is on page# 188. (I understand that Chuck uses it for jock itch too. Not to cure it - to induce it.)

Seriously, you can throw away all your other camp cookbooks, and use just this one. If you're ambitious, she tells you about dehydrating, packing, and everything. She catgorizes each recipe from several angles as to ease of preparation, kind of ingredients, size of putput, equipment required, etc. Bar none, the best cookbook for campers I've found.

If you're not ambitious, go to www.adventurefoods.com and rest assured that you will receive the world's best food and service.

A

Anonymous

Re: Jack's Bath Powder

Hell, Bill, I don't know anything at all about her body confirmation. I just know that she can write a cook book that makes sense to paddlers.

And, it's probably sacreligious to mention anything about music and Barry Manilow on the same page. Though he's four times more talented than Kenny Rogers ever was, the two of them together couldn't clean Neil Diamond's or Bobby Daryn's shoes.