Keep your cool. | SouthernPaddler.com

Keep your cool.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
You are out camping and on a river bank when it gets hot and you want to cool off. You jump in and take a dip to cool down or you wet a bandana and wrap it around your neck. The evaporation cools you but does not last that long. No matter which you do you heat back up as soon as you dry off.

Now there is something out there that does the same and lasts up to 2 hours keeping you cool. It's the Endura Cool , instant cooling towel.
They come in 4 different sizes and are simple to use.
1. Soak the towel.
2. Wring out the excess water.
3. Snap it to activate it.
( They say it cools to 30 degrees below average body temperature. )
Not sure about the 30 degrees but it does feel like a bandana that had some ice water on it.

After the 2 hours or sooner , you can repeat the process to stay cool. When it is wet it will cool for hours , When dry absorbs sweat , it is machine washable and reusable.

The wife got two of them and gave me one for when I am mowing the yard this summer , or camping or fishing and just being outside. She suggested using it when I go for my walks this summer in stead of a wet bandana. It does get really hot and something around my neck that is cool would wet/cool me down.

Take a look.......
http://www.missionathletecare.com/colle ... ool-towels

Wannabe

Apr 5, 2007
on the bank of Trinity Bay
Thanks Chuck,
I just let Daniel (my oldest grandson) read your post and look at the website. I told him that if he thought one would help him in his Tri athalon competetions I would get him one. He went nuts over the Idea. I'll get one for Nathan to use while running that hot crane on the barge this summer.The heat off the engine is a blessing in the winter, but is murder during the summer.
Thanks again.
Bob

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
The wife and I saw them being advertised on TV a few days ago and the wife mentioned that it might be a good idea to get a couple of them. One for her when she gets out in the yard trimming the bushes and gardening and one for me on my walks. I told her during her running around if she found some to get two of them and we would try them.

Made both of us think about a couple of years ago when we assembled a utility shed in the back corner of the property. We would dip bandanas in the cooler to wet them and the put them around out necks to cool down , the temp was in the high 90's that time and really hot.
These do about the same but you do not have that cold water running down your back or over your chest getting you soaked.

As it would happen she was at her favorite toy store , Lowe's , today getting a sander and some other stuff for painting on the outside beams , over the front of the place. There they were so she got two of them.

I did a short test run today and as they say , they do cool down to about the same as a bandana dipped in some cold ( ice ) water. Later I think it will be nice to have one draped around my neck as I take my daily hike of a couple miles. June , July and August do get rather warm if not just down right HOT , even early in the morning. Yep , I am back to the mileage I was doing before the Docs got a hold of me.
Walking is GOOD Exercise.

makenmend

Aug 26, 2009
Longview East TX
Not the same product name but same features,that I used in my motor cycle riding days in the Texas heat, lasted between gas stops. Allowed me to wear the protective gear without burning up. will look out for this one.

MM

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
makenmend said:
Not the same product name but same features,that I used in my motor cycle riding days in the Texas heat, lasted between gas stops.
MM

It's not a new idea and I like there explanation of how it works.
" The Mission EnduraCool™ Instant Cooling Towel is made from a proprietary performance fabric that instantly cools when soaked with water, wrung out, and then snapped in the air to activate the cooling properties. The patented technology, Powered by Coolcore™, works by absorbing moisture and perspiration into the fabric core where the unique radiator-like fiber construction circulates water molecules and regulates the rate of evaporation to create a prolonged cooling effect. "