Lake Cruiser VS 15 32 For First S & G | SouthernPaddler.com

Lake Cruiser VS 15 32 For First S & G

oldbuffpilot

May 13, 2014
Central Kansas and Central Texas
Has anyone built a lake cruiser? I ordered the plans thinking it would be fairly simple build for my first true stitch and glue experience. It has some “experience gaining” parts like V bottom and side panels that resemble tumble homes. I’m beginning to rethink that build because of the high sides as I probably would use a TV 15 32 more, especially in the Kansas wind.

I would appreciate any thoughts about a TV 15 32 for a first time stitch and glue. I ordered the TV 15 32 plans, I will use them sometime!

Good Fish’n

Andy

DCRICE

Jun 2, 2014
Baton Rouge
Hi Andy. I haven't built either of the boats you speak of, but until March, I had never built a boat. Right now I am building (with Matt's drawings) a 14 ft. Laker with tumblehomes. So basically a small TP-V. 14 ft. X 26 inches wide. It is as easy to build as the laker and I don't see a problem for you. With all those pirogues that you have built, either one should be a piece of cake. The people on this and JEM forum have photos of how to do everything. I would build the TV, but I will always build the one that is most easy to carry.
Dan