Logging in each time | SouthernPaddler.com

Logging in each time

oldbuffpilot

May 13, 2014
Central Kansas and Central Texas
John,
My computer works the same way. If I want to post I have to log in. Even though I check the automatic log in. My user name and password are there if click on the box. I just figured that's how it works.
Good Fish'n,

Andy

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
You guys have me wondering what is going on......... I use the Log me on automatically each visit and it works every time I sign on.

Do you click on the logout button in the top right corner of the screen when you leave the site ?????? If you do that might be the problem , I DO NOT Log out when I leave the forum. I just leave here and go to a different web site without logging out of here.
If you click on that logout then each time you come back and click on here it thinks you are new and requires a person to log in.

If none of the above works then all I can think of is that you must be dropping something other the American Coins in the pay for view slot of your official Southernpaddler coin meter. You know it looks like those old time parking meters where you put the coins in the back and then turned the knob to drop the coins to get the allotted time for parking. In this case it would be for logged on time. :roll:

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
I stay logged in all the time
It might be that you have computer set to delete cookies and if you do it will log you out every time
Ron

grandpa paddler

May 25, 2005
WNY-land of exhorbitant taxes
oldbuffpilot said:
John,
My computer works the same way. If I want to post I have to log in. Even though I check the automatic log in. My user name and password are there if click on the box. I just figured that's how it works.
Good Fish'n,

Andy

Andy,
When I go to the login and start keying my user name I get a list of "g" items. I still have to key my password. I check the automatic login but next time I come back... FRUSTRATING
Jon

grandpa paddler

May 25, 2005
WNY-land of exhorbitant taxes
tx river rat said:
I stay logged in all the time
It might be that you have computer set to delete cookies and if you do it will log you out every time
Ron

Ron
I do have the cookie deletion thingamabobby set fairly high but it has been that way for a long time and I'm not having this problem with any other of the sites that require logins.
Jon

oldbuffpilot

May 13, 2014
Central Kansas and Central Texas
Chuck,
I think my computer settings somehow changed, I only use two forums, yours and JEM, and both log ins work the same. I manually log in to post. Never bothered me much because I move slow anyway. I get some time I'll check on my settings.

Appreciate all you do!

Andy

Wannabe

Apr 5, 2007
on the bank of Trinity Bay
grandpa paddler said:
Started having problem with my Yahoo account this morning and had to use my wife's laptop to get thing rectified. Came back to my laptop and now the "remember me" function on Old Sparkey actually remembers me :D :D :D
And just Who are you again??? :mrgreen:
Bob

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Jon, if you're using something with Microsoft, I tecommend the folloeing 3-step procedure.
1. As Mick says, go outside and give yoursrlf a stiff uppercut. Billy Gates is nobody's friend.
2. If you intend to keep on using that computer, go to AVG.COM and get the AVG anti bad stff program. I had 4 anti virus/malware type programs and scanned daily. I put on their hkme office verdion, scanned, snd vleaned off 289 problems.
3. When you finally get sick of fighting Microsoft snd all the crsp they intentionall let in, get sn iPad.