Lost Boats....Almost.... | SouthernPaddler.com

Lost Boats....Almost....

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Lost Boats....Almost.... One ( Uncle Johns Redwood Striper ) Pirogue and one Pygmy "Coho" Kayak.
No Reward if found since the new owners have them. :wink:

Neil and Mary came down here on vacation to see the old folks for a week and to pick up the two boats for there fun in Canada.
After a lot of fussing with the boat rack Neil purchased down here we got it set up early in the week. Left the rack on the car while he drove around to make sure it was solid before throwing the boats on it.

Next step was to load the boats and down to Lake Mills for them to try the boats out and they did have a lot of fun paddling them. It was HOT and they were on the water but all smiles when they came back to the launch area. Don't know if it was the way the boats handled , the shade at the picnic table or the bottles of cold water that were on the table , but they were all smiles.
I assumed it was how the boats handled since they really wanted to take the boats home with them.

Here is the evidence of them taking off with the boats.

Backing out.........
kidsboats%20001.jpg

The Pirogue and Neil......
kidsboats%20002.jpg

The Kayak and Mary.........
kidsboats%20003.jpg

It's always fun when you can share the pleasure. When I made the Kayak ( 1999/2000 ) I paddled it on Lake Kathryn and Mary was along , she wanted to try it and when she returned with it all she said was ... "Thanks Dad for making ... MY BOAT " so I guess it never was really mine for all those years. :lol:

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
JEM said:
Those boats will never grace your shed again.

Guess you need to build some more to fill the void. :D

You have to watch us Old Guys , we will find any excuse or reason to make a boat and since my inventory is really down at this time. :roll: "O" Boy I sure hope the wife does not read this. :lol:

Chuck.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Mary smiled and told me ...Dad ..Now you need to make a few more.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
BEARS BUDDY said:
Go for it. And don't forget to credit Mary and Neil for contributing to the delinquency of a Geezer. :mrgreen:

HELL...... Pardon my French but they are the ones that set all of this ( the web site ) up for us....... That is why I figured it might be fun to sucker them into the things we like.... I think we were the ones that got suckered in....... :roll:

When they got married the one place they suggested to find wedding gifts for them was ...... The L.L.Bean camping section. I knew Mary was a Tom Boy , ( Man the stories I could tell about her and her sister) not sure about Neil but he is just as bad about enjoying the outdoors as much as Mary...... Or should I say as good.

One thing about it , those boats will not collect the dust that they did down here.... I never figured out how to paddle more then one at a time. :(

With some luck they might post a trip report on here in the trips section when they get home with pictures of them paddling the boats. :D

Chuck.

PS. They wore out the one tent they got for the wedding , they left here with a new one that works good for Kayak or Pirogue camping.

mary

Oct 1, 2003
Mississauga Ontario
Hi everyone.
I am finally posting about our drive back up to the great not-so-white north.
I am also putting a few pictures on here we got while in Florida and ones my dad got while Neil and I were on the lake.
SO MUCH FUN.

Here is dad (oldsparkey) getting the boats on the rental car. We wanted to make sure everything worked once and boats were ON the car and do a test run in the boats.
4761904336_150b2b653f.jpg

Here is dad in 'old yeller' smiling at us. (made a pit stop to get water before hitting the water)
4761904514_7ac8fd6ecb.jpg

These items are not just boats but WORKS OF ART. I can not wait to get it on the water up here and have everyone drool over them!
We even got cards from dad so we can give them to people when they want to know where to go to make these boats. So expect some new members soon! If you look close you can see a 'southern paddler' sticker on the boat next to the chair.
4761904640_69d0cfe0f9.jpg

Neil and I on the water (great picture my dad got!) Neil kept telling me slow down. I can not help it that my boat is so awesome and fast!
4761271659_b45190570b.jpg

HI DAD!!!
4761904778_f58bffdfd0.jpg

Dad showing me how to tie the boats down since I missed it when he showed Neil. (I was inside the house where it was nice and cool!)
4761271811_0605b25ec5.jpg

I am sorry to say I did not get any pictures on the drive home (Mississauga Canada) because I was sick (thanks mom for the cold) and just trying not to get snot all over Neil in the car. It was an adventure to say the least and a very long drive.
:)

However I am proud to say we have a our very first trip planned for this weekend in Massasauga Provincial Park. We are going Friday after work, Saturday and coming home Sunday.
It is supposed to be a lot of fun. All the camp sites you have to boat to them. We are going to stay in site 401.
I will make sure to update and share some photos.
For now you can look at this flickr stream Neil found to see how pretty it is and the link below to see all the sites and a bit of information about the park.
Flickr:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jack_1962/2763742532/in/set-72157606730311663/

Info about the park:
http://www.ontarioparks.com/english/mass.html

VERY handy google map view of the camp sites and a little bit about them (if anyone is wanting to camp there)
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=U...933,-80.033684&spn=0.051103,0.072012&t=h&z=14

I just hope neither of us tip the boats. (or get bitten by a snake, its a snake reserve, or eaten by a bear!)
wish us luck!

THANK YOU DAD for the super amazing awesome kick-ass boats. AND the chair, the paddles, the kayak things for the rack, the kayak splash cover... I could go on and on.
When you come and visit US we will have to take you to what has become one of our favorite stores... MEC
http://www.mec.ca/Main/home.jsp
And if you are bored another kayak would be great to own. heh.
HINT HINT.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Yep...

Half my boating supply and some camping stuff is missing.
I can remember .... The good old days when you and Neil were living across the street and the only thing missing , back then was the toilet paper , paper plates and some stuff ( groceries) from the pantry over here. I guess that is why Neil asked where the T.P , paper plates and paper towels were when you guys pulled in. Out of habit I told him ... the same place. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Enjoy the boats and that guy who took the pictures of you and Neil on the water sure takes some good pictures , after he removed the lens cap from the camera. Dam ... I'm not perfect , I drive a Jeep. :roll:

While you are at the Massasauga Provincial Park don't pet the Massasauga Rattlers and Please do not feed the Bears..... Looking forward to a trip report when you get back. Actually I am not worried about the snakes , you grew up down here with all sorts of them , the bears are what you always thought were cute. :wink:

Me.........
There Trip Report......... viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7975&hilit=mary