Louisiana pirogue owners | SouthernPaddler.com

Louisiana pirogue owners

Bently

Dec 15, 2009
I'll be heading home to Florida next week from Lafayette. I was wondering if anyone would let me stop by and take a look at a completed uj pirogue? Preferably someone who lives close to I-12/I-10.

seedtick

Jul 22, 2006
Denham Springs, LA
I'm about 7 miles north of I-12, be in and out during the week

not sure of friend keith's schedule...............

don't have any UJ's but you're welcome to come look

let me know when you're planning on passing thru, good chance we can hook up

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
seedtick said:
I'm about 7 miles north of I-12, be in and out during the week

not sure of friend keith's schedule...............

don't have any UJ's but you're welcome to come look

let me know when you're planning on passing thru, good chance we can hook up

If you slip over and look at the ones Keith and Seedtick make , leave your checkbook at home , they make some boats anyone would want to take home with them. Actually they are not boats but works of art and old time craftsmanship that float. Meeting them and seeing what the make would be the highlight of your visit while there in Louisiana.

Chuck.

Bently

Dec 15, 2009
I don't carry a checkbook but I do have a debit card. Looks like I'm going to make several stops on the way home.

rpecot

Nov 10, 2006
Katy, TX
I can't compete with Keith and Seedtick. If you want a laugh, come see my as-yet-to-be-completed UJ in Slidell. A few miles off I-12, one or two exits before the I-12/I-10/I-59 split.

Bently

Dec 15, 2009
Hmmm? Slidell Hun? A uj under construction? Just what I'm looking for. As soon as I know when I'm getting off this floating mobile home I'll let everyone know. I'm dying to get some ideas. Thanks everyone.

rpecot

Nov 10, 2006
Katy, TX
Bently said:
Hmmm? Slidell Hun? A uj under construction? Just what I'm looking for. As soon as I know when I'm getting off this floating mobile home I'll let everyone know. I'm dying to get some ideas. Thanks everyone.
Bently - sent you a PM.

captaindoug

Nov 18, 2009
Tampa Bay, Florida
Hello Capt. I live in Saint Petersburg. I don't know where in FL you are going, but I have one under construction and one ready for paint. See pirogue x two thread. I'll be off my tug boat this coming wednesday for 7 days if you are coming this way, be happy to show you my projects. Capt. Doug

Bently

Dec 15, 2009
Thanks Captain I'm in Fort Walton Beach. I'd love to come down your way though.

beekeeper

Mar 4, 2009
Wannabe said:
See Bently, that old saying is true. 'Be careful what you wish for'.
Bob

Got yourself in a bind unless you have a couple extra days to visit everybody. Somebody is going to get their feelings hurt. :wink: Who you going to pic? :? Inquiring minds want to know. Maybe just forget about going to Florida and spend the holidays looking at boats. :)

beekeeper

Bently

Dec 15, 2009
Now you see this just goes to show what I've been saying for years. Cajuns are by far some of the nicest people. They are what you think of when you hear southern hospitality. Thanks to everyone for the offers. It may be all for nothing if these clowns take us off the boat at midnight. Not sure how many offers I'll still get? Lol! I've lived over here so long on boats around Cajuns that I've caught myself putting "me" and "yeah" at the end of a sentence. That's the way Ive started talking me.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Bently said:
Now that's what I call hospitality me!

You or anyone else will never find anything but Hospitality from the folks in Louisiana and from the Cajuns , some mighty fine cooking and eats. :D

My guess is that is why it is listed in the 50 states as the # 1 (one) as the happiest and best to be in.

http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/ ... key=109468

Here's how states are ranked by happiness levels: In case you did not want to click on the link.

1. Louisiana
2. Hawaii
3. Florida
4. Tennessee
5. Arizona
6. Mississippi
7. Montana
8. South Carolina
9. Alabama
10. Maine
11. Alaska
12. North Carolina
13. Wyoming
14. Idaho
15. South Dakota
16. Texas
17. Arkansas
18. Vermont
19. Georgia
20. Oklahoma
21. Colorado
22. Delaware
23. Utah
24. New Mexico
25. North Dakota
26. Minnesota
27. New Hampshire
28. Virginia
29. Wisconsin
30. Oregon
31. Iowa
32. Kansas
33. Nebraska
34. West Virginia
35. Kentucky
36. Washington
37. District of Columbia
38. Missouri
39. Nevada
40. Maryland
41. Pennsylvania
42. Rhode Island
43. Massachusetts
44. Ohio
45. Illinois
46. California
47. Indiana
48. Michigan
49. New Jersey
50. Connecticut
51. New York

SOURCES: Oswald, A. Science, published online Dec. 17, 2009.