Lower Buffalo July 2004 | SouthernPaddler.com

Lower Buffalo July 2004

A

Anonymous

Fellas,

I seen these folks went back agin 'n took some more pichurs, so I thought some a ya'll mite wanna see 'em. Not the June, the July pichurs.

I like the idea of a parasol. Chuck, reckon what Mister Clifford would think a that one?

http://community.webshots.com/user/rmmpic1

regards,

bearridge

"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true."
Demosthenes

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Bear

He would take credit for the idea claiming it is a sun shade, rain protection and even a sail in windy weather. :lol:

Looking at the pictures I bet a pirogue would make it down the river, good current and no sand ... just rocks, rocks everywhere even in the campsites. A shallow draft boat would scoot over them better then a round bottom boat which has a deeper draft. I am sure Jack would agree with me on this. :roll:

Now for camping a cot or a hammock or a Pop Up Camper would be nice to have when running the river since all the campsites appear to be all rocks.

Not sure on how to get the Pop Up camper down river but the mystery builder might be making a boat that would carry it and that is why no one is saying anything about the mystery boat. :wink:

Chuck.

Swampy

Aug 25, 2003
Southeastern North Carolina
Bro Bar, lots of good information contained in those pictues.
I like that time scedule at the end as it gave me some insight into the time elements of the passage. I see the first day they lobored to accomplish a certain point for the first camp site.
I wouldn't care for that long of a paddle after such a late start.
Took an hour and 3/4 minutes to get into the water... must have been a few young ones in the group to use that time up... old geezers simply throw it in and take off.... it's later down river that we hear such remarks as: " Dern I left that..." or " Where's my tent?".... "This thing ain't mine!"... "Hey! It's mine! Thanks!"
They have said that country boys will survive... it goes for old geezers also! :wink:
And that two hour looking for a tree... most of us old geezers would have exploded looking that long... :oops:
swampy