May trip | SouthernPaddler.com

May trip

catfish

Feb 7, 2007
jesup, ga.
Well I guess this one is alittle bit late but I guess I owe Yaker a trip report. Me , wife , my daughter & friend went camping the last week of may Memorial week.

We camped on the sand bar. We caught some cats,brim& mullet . I cooked some twice , man they were good & yea Jack I had some gritz too. The weather was nice ,Wed morning I was hunting some more cover .

The gaturs were real bad though , you can,t hardly fish bush hooks for them in the summer. I had about three fish that were eat by them. The fish werent really biting that good was full moon . I did catch enough to cook twice gave some to neighbor & mom.So I guess I can,t complain . we went swimming & had some good realxation.

I had a weather radio but didn,t even know there was barry off the coast . We came out friday night in which I,m glad we did now. It rained cats & dogs saturday& sunday.

We had a great time , was daughter s 16th birtday.Like I told Yak though the only sad part of this I was in my john boat not my canoe. :cry:

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Friend catfish,

Better late than never. Better a report without pichurs than no report. I git a lot jest readin' bout folks outdoors havin' fun.....even if the gators ate all yer really, really big fish. 8) 8) 8) [Never heard that one, but it iz a dang good one.] :mrgreen:

Did ya'll pitch a tent 'er jest throw out on the sandbar? Did ya have it all ta yerownselves? One last question....where the heck wuz ya'll? :lol: :lol:

regards
bearridge

He who shits on the road will meet flies on his return. South African Saying

catfish

Feb 7, 2007
jesup, ga.
Hey Bear I didn,t say they were big uns . But that is the honest truth around here in the summer if you dont stay right wit hyour hooks you want have no fish. :cry:

the gaturs uaslly will bite them right off behind the head. My neihgbor went this week & same thing happened to him.

Yea we did pitch two tents all to our selves. :D As far as where I caught them it was way down yonder. :wink: :lol: Also I caught em right in the mouth.

They were caught on the altamaha.