Mediterranean Gritz | SouthernPaddler.com

Mediterranean Gritz

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Following the KISS principle, here are some ideas. Combining Mexican flour tortillas (get some made with whole wheat flour - better for us geezers' GI tract) and Mediterranean spread. Humus, falafel (fu-LOFF-le), and tabouli.

At the grocery store (super market for yuppies) I get the Fantastic brand. Comes in a box about 8" tall X 4" wide. Sacks of dry powder on the inside and directions on the outside. Cut out the directions and repackage into a large, Ziploc bag for carrying, preparing, and serving. Falafel is very similar to humus, except some folks cook it up like a soy burger. I much prefer both of them raw.

Try these items. You mix them with water in a Ziploc bag, let them soak about 15 minutes whilst you're making coffee or tea, and then spread it artfully onto a tortilla. Enough here to feed a couple of paddlers.

These make a leisurely lunch, or a main or side dish at supper. If you're off the water for the day, they wash down nicely with a sudsy adult beverage that rhymes with beer.

Other tasty things to add when mixing are lemon juice, garlic, parsley, cilantro, & minced onion.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Kayak Jack said:
Ziploc bag for carrying, preparing, and serving. Falafel is very similar to humus, except some folks cook it up like a soy burger. I much prefer both of them raw.

Jack Likes RAW ...... Soy (Tofu) Burgers :?: What is this world coming to ... next he will say he drinks Scotch and only has tea at breakfast.
Jack.........How many kayaks can you fit on the top of your BMW :?:

Now if he tells us he wears sandles and wool socks , likes MRE'S and paddles rough water.....while everyone is telling him he looks like Swampy .......... I know the world is coming to an end.

Better build some bigger wood boats ..... about the size of the Ark. :lol:

Chuckles

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Chuck, Ya remember that scotch we used for stove fuel on the Edisto? Single malt I believe it was.........Well it clogged up the jets on my stove! How did yours make out? Swampy is still sand blasting his stove to clean it out.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
oldyaker said:
Chuck, Ya remember that scotch we used for stove fuel on the Edisto? Single malt I believe it was.........Well it clogged up the jets on my stove! How did yours make out? Swampy is still sand blasting his stove to clean it out.

I threw it in the garbage and even the garbage men would not take it till I rinsed out the inside with some grit water. :lol:

Chuck.