Mexican Soo-shee | SouthernPaddler.com

Mexican Soo-shee

islandpiper

Start with flour totillas and trim slightly to make sort of round ended rectangles. Mix cream cheese with grated chedder, taco seasoning, dehydrated minced onion and salt and pepper to taste. Spread the tortillas with the mix and lay down, parallel, strips of sun dried tomatoes, bottled roasted red peppers, fresh strips of green bell peppers, green onions.....any combination, being careful not to use more than 2-3 items, and NOT TOO MUCH. Roll up the whole thing, like sushi would be, and set aside for an hour or so, in the fridge.

slice into equal portions, again, like sushi would be. If you have been "artful" they will be pretty on the end view. Serve with salsa and sour cream on the side.

piper

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
I kept waitin' fer the sardines. [chuckle]

regards
bearridge
Bodine Culinary Institute

In Mexico we have a word for sushi: bait.  Jose Simon  

Wannabe

Apr 5, 2007
on the bank of Trinity Bay
piper,
Never having eaten shushi or even seen it( my Dad said it was un American) I do not know how it is sliced. Is that length wise, crosswise or on a diaganal. A girl my son knows made him shushi wrapped in seaweed one time. He was forced to hurt her feelings. He felt real bad about it .
Bob

islandpiper

mr. bob, here is some regular sushi.....appears to be avocado, roasted red pepper and cooked crab.....wrapped in seaweed paper. nothing raw in it except the avocado. good stuff. piper
sushi_009.jpg

Wannabe

Apr 5, 2007
on the bank of Trinity Bay
I thought it had to be raw to qualify as shushi. I' try some of that. Guess that's what I get for being ignorant. Dad was careful not to instill things Jap like in me. No shushi, no saki, and no speekee. And your boat won't float with a hole in it.
Bob

stickbow

Feb 25, 2009
Americus, GA
Sushi is the rice prepared the way it is for using in sushi dishes. The "raw" (it ain't always raw) is the sashimi, or fish part of a sushi menu.

You can use cooked shrimp, eel, or a lot of other seafoods that are cooked.

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Wannabe San,

If they got a fine sushi bar in Ponchatoula, I will see if I kin git some fer us. This stuff goes good with wasabi....green, hot, horseradish mixed with soy sauce. Some of it iz cooked, some raw. I like it both ways.....jest like women, blonde 'er red head. [chuckle]

regards
bearridge

ps piper, reckon there iz a sushi bar in town? The Mister Sam Walton store dont count. Their sushi iz like their clothes pins.....fourth rate.