Moderator.....can ya help me place this call | SouthernPaddler.com

Moderator.....can ya help me place this call

A

Anonymous

Friend & High Sheriff Sparkey,

I got a question. Over ta the "Memberlist" it shows how many posts each member made on here. I got ta wonderin' how much space I done took up already, but I'm still scairt a that curse.

You bein' high sheriff 'n forum moderater, I wuz wonderin' if ya had a way ta know how many posts I made....other than have Swampy count 'em. I thought mebbe Neil could fix the software so it would keep up with how many I posted.

I reckon it would be a "Bear-ometer"? 8)

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Bear .. The phone is ringing but no one is home. :roll:

I really do not want to be the one to tell you this .......I hate to say it but you don't count ... .....that is the system does not count you since you are a guest. :lol:

Guests , have it made unless you want to go thru each thread and count them but some other folks are also listed as Guest . :? Heck I was a guest one time cause I forgot to sign on. :oops:

As a WAG (Wild A#@ Guess) I would say more then 10 and less then swampy at 875 who has the most posts at this time. Here are some to go by if you want to take a WAG.
Jack .......745
Sparkey...673
Kahuna....340
Oldyaker..228
Pirogue....145
Andrew....142
Doc..........135
Jem..........129
Tombuzzardbluff...83

Chuck.

Swampy

Aug 25, 2003
Southeastern North Carolina
Now sherriff ya'll haz gone an dun hit! Now every one knowz I ain't got no life... :cry:
Bro Bar.... ya'll haz got to have no less than 300 .... and I'm recon'in ya'll hazn't got any rain to speak of! 8)
Sides.... the curse ain't all that bad... ya kin use those $250 rain skins sum then!

Chuck.... whatys git if'in yer a high poster? I'd like an autographed picture of Miss Calamity and you eat'in gritz. To add extra value to th picture have Bro Jack droolin in th background..... :wink:

Althought they haven't bean on hare vary much I'm thinkin that Oldtimer and Matt will catch up soon... Oldyaker ( when gits off the ice) will hone hiz keyboard skillz to a higgher level. Lawd knowz when Kahuna unloads a multi pack of web findings again.... heck, Bar might be over 1000 countin the times he forgot to even sign at the end of hiz postz az a guest! :shock:
Sides.... I'll be out paddlin fore to long... :twisted:
swampy

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
!

Swampus, you got a life and a good one! You have time and a place to build a boat, (My garage is down to about 36 degrees now), that why I'm stuck inside buiding wooden ships and canoes, dreaming of full size. Maybe I can invent a model wooden ship or canoe that when I throw it in water it grows full size! I'm still shag'n for a liv'n and your retired. :cry:
Yep, 'Ol Yaker is on ice, been down in single digits and when it warms up to 20, it snows. I'm gett'n cabin fever, shot six holes thru the freezer!
I don't care how many posts you or Bar or anyone has, I look forward to everyone of them.
Every group has leaders carry'n the flag, Sparky and Jack, than there are the very close followers, Swampy, Kahuna, OF, Pirouge, Bar and some others. Than we have the close support group, a large group of others, post on occasion but faithful to the group.
After that, others follow along but don't have much to say but offer some good ideas when they do. It's not how much you post but what you say when you do. I've posted 229 times and I figure 228 of them have been totally useless, but hey, I have learned alot from others and if others have to listen to my rambling at the cost of my learning, so be it!
Thanks for my edumacation guy's!
Well, time for Yak to throw on a beef roast, all them hours I have spent in a tree stand with bow and arrow all camo'd up this fall wasn't too productive. (We can only harvest 8 point bucks now)No venison tonight.
Real hard draw'n down on 6 point buck with the bow and not let the arrow fly, :x damn state of PA.
Bar, keep up the good work posting, you can alway's lie about the number to your favor! :wink:

A

Anonymous

Fellas, this here iz the "humor" section.

I go ta a heap a truble makin' up a fine joke 'n what happens....not one dang person laughs.

I didnt see no rule sez the humor had to be real funny.

Okay....so how much would ya pay if I dont make up no more jokes? 8)

:D :D :D

regards,

bearridge the subtle
bodine comedy school
rodney dangerfield award

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
GUY'S

I didn't tell swampy but when a person gets over 1,000 posts he gets to portage everyone's else canoes and gear when on a trip with them......it is my understanding that everyone is going to use some heavy canoes on that Canada trip cause they figure swampy will be doing all of the portaging.

I was also told that all of the cooking gear will be cast iron, Dutch oven, fry pan, pancake griddle, sportsman stove & BBQ grill combo but all of that stuff would require a 2nd canoe to take it.....heck why not.

Now make sure you don't tell swampy this cause I have him talked into taking a lap top with him on his local paddling and camping trips to keep us posted on what is happening and to help him get set for that Canada trip...or is that ....... setting him up for that trip. :lol: :lol:

Chuck.

Swampy

Aug 25, 2003
Ditto Jack!!!! 8)

I agree with Oldyaker. It's the "fun' of posting here. I have yet to see anything that didn't inform, have some humor, make an opinion, and just plain great to read. I was a bit suprised to see I had posted so much. And ya gotta admit that most of that was/is simple minded banter and not very long at that. This group of fine folks continues to grow and grow. I think that wonderful. There is a lot to learn and a lot to enjoy here.
And no problem with 1000 posts! I see that there are some others creeping up on that number.... lol :lol:
really , one day, I'd like to say I have visited each and all here. In fact I am getting the pom-poms cleaned and pressed to go up and visit Oldyaker before cabin fever gits to him.... my hound dog will carry a tankard of gritz instead of rum to "save" his yankee soul frum snow and ice.. :lol:

Like I have said, I haven't seen one post that isn't worth the time to read. Nay, not even one....

swampy ( don't look for 1000 until after the fall trip!!!) :shock:

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Whoa there buddy!

Fergit com'n up here Swampy 'ol pal, you'll freeze your pom poms right off! I'm com'n down to you, it's like Ice Station Zebra here. :cry:
Yep, you'll wake up one morn'n and see a Coleman pop up camper set up in your backyard with 3 boats on top the truck, inside you'll find one thaw'n out Yankee by the stove mak'n a pot o' chili. He'll be look'n for soft water to paddle! Yep, I'll be a Damn Yankee and move south right next to Joel and never leave!

Swampy

Aug 25, 2003
Come on down Oldyaker!!! lol we got room fer ya!
But delay a few days.... there's ice on the tree branches today! :shock:
Been a while sence I've seen this kind of cold around here.
But it'll warm up by Thursday and we kin go toss a line in flowin water!

swampy

Jim, I'll toss the pom-poms.... :wink:

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Oldyaker.

Bring your camper down here. It is in the lower 80's with a cooling breeze blowing and a few clouds in the sky which are really nice, cause they block out that bright, warm, sun light.

Just another Florida, shorts and "T" shirt day. Sitting on the back porch having an ice tea to cool myself down while pups is chasing squirrels that want to get to the bird feeder and waiting for UPS to get my boat building supplies here. Darn, I ordered them late Friday and they ...... Doorbell. They are here. Hot Dog here I go, now I can get serious...OOOP'S later on that.

I have to go over to Mims in the morning to help a friend (gator) set up a trailer to haul canoes and don't you just know it .... The weather person say's AM showers with wind in the AM.
Just trying to help a friend and it is going to RAIN on me. Been wet before and in this warm, conformable, weather it will feel good, then off to a BBQ joint for lunch before going home to work on the Swamp Girl. :D

It is a hard life but someone has to do it. :roll: They say Wednesday morning will be really COLD .... about 40 .
Chuck.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
I agree with you ..... If I had any common sense I would just forget helping a friend and working on the Swamp Girl and be out camping in the hammock, fishing and enjoying life since it is going to rain. You know it does rain on me at times when I go camping. Anyway I found out a long time ago I don't melt & a good natural shower feels great before hitting the sack......:roll:

The rain makes the fish bite really good.

I guess what made me decide to help Gator is that he said he would spring for lunch and that is some gooooood BBQ.
Chuck.

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Swampy said:
(SNIP).... my hound dog will carry a tankard of gritz instead of rum to "save" his yankee soul frum snow and ice.. :lol: (SNIP)
Now THERE'S a sight to think about. Reckon the poor creature kin haul them dense things around the countryside without sinkin in? You'll need a "Dogo-practor" to straighten out hiz spine after the first half a mile or so.

A

Anonymous

Kayak Jack said:
You'll need a "Dogo-practor" to straighten out hiz spine after the first half a mile or so.

Unappreciated Friend Kayak Jack,

It aint no use. Ya come up with a "Dogo-practor" or a "Bear-ometer" 'n they jest dont git it.

I hope they aint all Puritans? :wink:

regards,

bearridge
rodney dangerfield society

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Bear

It ain't that we don't get it ... we did get it but just keep thinking about that ole saying .......

Even a fish will stay out of trouble if it keeps it's mouth shut.

Chuck. S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.
(A Sponsor of The Southern Swamp Splashing & Stomping School of Silly Sayings.)

Swampy

Aug 25, 2003
Amen Bro Chuck....
I kin sees fer mahself that th' boyz haz had fun seek'in to laugh at mah dog an' her mighty fine liftun abilities. Th' secret o' such carr'in iz not let the bitch git ( hitz OK lil'l pardz, az thatz th' name o' female dogz) knocked up ( now I don't know if'in thatz OK or not...) . Then th' dogz kin haul wit out draggin ground.... I believes hit waz a Madam who tellz o' that... Anywayz... a dog in tract'un iz a dog who kan't run wit th' big dogz, they stayz on th' porch all th' time... an' they eatz only gritz wit possum bitz.... Whar ya'll think they got that name up nawth? "Mushers"...
Iz that th' tractun thang ya talkin about thar? Ya'll call hit a sled...

swampy