More China air guns | SouthernPaddler.com

More China air guns

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Friend Coogs,

See what ya kin get a Beeman R-9 fer. Either way if ya wanna tack driver, ya gotta git a tune. Neither Beeman 'er any Chinamen airgun iz tuned. Springers aint eazy ta shoot. The R-9 aint a town gun (too powerful 'n too loud), so this X gun aint either. The Beeman R-7 iz a town gun (unless ya live in a antigun state like Florida 'er New Jersey which dont let ya have a airgun). There must be a Chinaman airgun like the R-7. They steal everthin'. We buy their stolen junk cuz it iz cheap. We regret buyin' their stolen junk 90% of the time.

If ya gotta spend $100 more ta git the Beeman, ya oughta do it. A good airgun will last a lifetime if ya take care of it. Spread $100 over a lifetime 'n it dont seem like much. RWS iz good too. Same when it comes ta a scope.....Leupold, fergit Simmons.

Our friend James sold those X guns frum China. He claimed he found a way ta buy good ones, but he also had a deal with a fella who would tune 'em. I jest heard of too many problems with 'em. I reckon the Chinamen make a Heckler & Koch pistol, a Chevy Impala 'n a MRI machine. I dont want nuthin' ta do with any of 'em. At Wal Mart I look careful when it iz sez "made in china".

BSA iz good. I jest dont have one. Think of it like buyin' a cheap guitar. Ya caint learn ta play on one cuz they hurt yer fingers so bad. Try ta sell it 'n yer stuck. Buy a good one. If ya dont like it, ya kin sell it 'n git most of yer money back. Buy frum the Chinamen 'n yer stuck.

regards
bearridge

ps There iz high dollar airguns that make a heap a sense if $500+ dont hurt ya 'n ya really like quiet, deadly projectile launchin' tools. :mrgreen:

Little Bill Daggett: You, sir, are a murdering son of a bitch! You just shot an unarmed man!
Will Munny: He should have armed himself if he was goin' to decorate his establishment with my friend.
Little Bill Daggett: You'd be Will Munny out of Missouri; murderer and killer of innocent women and children.
Will Munny: I'm Will Munny and I've killed most everything that walks or crawls at one time or another; and now I'm here to kill you Little Bill for what you done to Ned.

Tom @ Buzzard Bluff

Aug 25, 2003
Ozarks of N. Central Arkansas
B-20/R-9

Even the ad admits it's a knock-off of the Beeman R-9 built for them by the German firm of Hans Weirauch.
Why buy a Cinese copy when you can have the real thing?
As Bear pointed out the difference is so little when spread over the lifetime of the gun that it won't amount to a hill of beans. And the lifetime of a well maintained R-9 will exceed that of a bunch of B-20s. And your own too for that matter.
If you want to save a few $ take a look at the BSA Suoer Sport. It costs less than the Beeman and I find it equally accurate and well made. While I can't testify that it's true of all my SS didn't require tuning to equal the smoothness of a tuned R-9. I haven't touched the 'innards' on mine in the decade I've had it and I'm a fairly demanding airgunner. Tom