...my brother from a different mother | SouthernPaddler.com

...my brother from a different mother

paddlin4reds

Oct 17, 2006
Lake Ocklawaha, Fl
Mornin' "Mick";
Hey Mate. :D How you been doin'? Doctors, being nice to you? Any problems with those "Blouts" , just let me know. I'll take care of your light work. I'm workin' on my 'Cuda (wooden SOT Fishin' Yak). It's been a real slow process :oops: . My idea for an integrated rudder didn't work well on the first two hull attempts :shock: . Anyway, I remember you posting (somewhere) about an annomaly with your "sounder", on the "WadeFish". Something about it not workin' exactly right thru wood & 'glass. If you don't mind me askin', how (or ) did you correct that? I remember something about cuttin' the ply down to the 'glass ...trying to save a few sheets of ply, before I cut yet another hole in my hull :lol: Wouldn't be a "big" problem, but with our winter, we haven't needed a "Fire" yet. :lol: You take care of yourself now. Hope to one day make it down there for a "Walk 'bout". Might need your help.

hairymick

Dec 8, 2005
Queensland, Australia
G'day my brother,

Happy New Year to you and yours mate.

Re the blouts - still struggling.

Re the sounder transducer install.

What I did was to gut away all the wood right down to the outside layer of fibreglass then filled it with epoxy/woodflour mix. (slightly larger than the transducer.) It gave a solid area for the transducer to shoot through and I haven't had any problems with it since. Also fitted a similar thing to my pirogue without any problems.

Will take some piccies of my set up inthe next couple of days and post them for you.

paddlin4reds

Oct 17, 2006
Lake Ocklawaha, Fl
Mornin';
Thanks Mate. I thought that's how you fixed it. I'm just trying to reverse engineer it, 'da best way possible. But what's a lil' leak? ...right mate. :lol: Now dat "walk 'bout", you start practisin' alright. Never know when a mate might show up. :p

paddlin4reds

Oct 17, 2006
Lake Ocklawaha, Fl
Mornin';
Thanks Mate. I thought that's how you fixed it. I'm just trying to reverse engineer it, 'da best way possible. But what's a lil' leak? ...right mate. :lol: Now dat "walk 'bout", you start practisin' alright. Never know when a mate might show up. :p ....been followin' "baldcypress's" thread. ....Just how deep is that trough, off the West side of "Fraser Island" (Hervey Bay)? 25 degrees 12 30. 54"S 102 degrees 59' 05. 39"E ...Wow Dogies. I'd be in "Pig" heaven. GPS is already set :lol: