My new tent | SouthernPaddler.com

My new tent

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Looks like a good tent for car camping, Mick. You'll enjoy the roominess. I had a tent with a front flap similar to that. I learned (in a rainstorm) to rig that flap so it sloped down both to the front and to one side. That way, it properly drained water off and didn't pool any. Yours may be different. I got a collar full of water, a real waker-upper.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Mick....

Over here on this side of the pond we have the Apache Tents......

I have one of the 3 person ones and had it down in the Everglades for one trip where Hammocks would not work. A front came threw and we had rain and almost hurricane winds for two days . Not a drop of water in my tent and the wind actually blew so hard it forced the tent down on me as I was laying in it. Needless to say I am a fan of the tent when I can't be in the Clark hammock which is my camping comfort of choice.

I can set it up in about three minutes and I have used it a lot , out west and even around here where a hammock does not work. On the Buffalo River out in Arkansas I used the tent in the campground and then the Hennessey hammock for the trip down river.

http://www.apachetents.com/

Here is the trip and it is the Blue Tent. This trip was 4 years ago.........
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2320
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2321
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2322

Chuck.

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
Mick
I bet you are going to enjoy that tent. I sure have enjoyed the pop up tent I bought.
On the muti day trips setting up camp with the older tents is a pain after a long paddle. With the pop up I can be set up with cot sleeping bag and pillow and be building a fire in five minutes ,
I love them
Ron