my, slightly, modified pirogue is finally done | SouthernPaddler.com

my, slightly, modified pirogue is finally done

Well, its been 5 months and a lot of beer consumed, but we built a modified pirogue, to look like an 18th century batteau. She is 16ft overall, with 42 inches of beam and 19 inches of freeboard. She handles like a canoe, and thats without a keel strip.... she has an 18" long by 2" skeg epoxied to the bottom under the stern. Empty this boat drafts 2" of water. I have been around and owned boats all my life, but this is the 1st one I built. Check her out in the water at http://www.noquartergiven.com/boat/

In the boat with me is my 6 month pregnant wife in the stern, her best friend, along for the ride, and me rowing... go figure I build the boat and now I am taking people for rides. This Fall I am rigging her for sail with leeboards and a gaff rig. Heck with rowing :wink:

Dave

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Dave

Great looking Pirogue and she appears to take a lot of weight with ease. No ... Not a lot of weight , just more then the normal amount that is usually found in a pirogue.

NUT'S, FORGET the WEIGHT idea , I sure don't need two women mad at me.. :roll: ........ she has good lines with shallow draft and appears to do everything that you want her to do, should be fun when you get a sail on her.

Chuck.

A

Anonymous

Friend Dave,

Dang good job. Mitey fine crew. Yer a lucky fella with all them tools.....'n fine women too. :wink:

regards,

bearridge