mystery boat | SouthernPaddler.com

mystery boat

swamprat

Aug 28, 2003
Venus Fl.
members.findmoore.net
Picked up this little boat for cheap yesterday. Took it out for a quick test paddle last night and she is a pretty sweet little boat! :lol:
Just curious if anyone has seen anything like it or would know who made it?
it is 10' long, 28" wide and weighs in right at 25#
A couple of pics of it floating in the test pond.
0_0_263f2e5628ca9e00d48abf3192fc0af9_1.jpg

0_0_b294e3a233708f3443fd649ac9e6da33_1.jpg

0_0_b0d8676eec45fde2e2ffcb51e2906e3f_1.jpg

Thanks!

a Bald Cypress

May 7, 2007
Northwest Louisiana
b

Looks to me as if it was made from recycled tractors. :p

It also look like IF, you were to sit in it after it has been sitting out on a sunny day, you will need asbestos britches. That metal seat will get real warm. :wink:

To get a bit serious, I have no idea what type or who made it. SORRY

swamprat

Aug 28, 2003
Venus Fl.
members.findmoore.net
LOL, yeah, I never said it was PRETTY! The seat is fiberglass as well but it will be coming out shortly and be replaced with a standard web seat. The dimensions are really pretty close to the hornbeck pack canoes but I'm sure this one is a cheap knock off, made by somebody somewhere

funbun

Sep 11, 2007
Alabama
It's a UB-10 from U.S. Special Forces. It's now a defunct program experimenting in jungle anti-guerrilla missions. I'm surprised you've got one :wink:

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
funbun said:
It's a UB-10 from U.S. Special Forces. It's now a defunct program experimenting in jungle anti-guerrilla missions. I'm surprised you've got one :wink:
Dang...I hope ya'll dont have ta kill him. It looks like it would be a waterbug on whitewater, but I aint sho how ya strap in the flotation. I like the seat......perhaps a swing out on the veranda....mint julep.....sunset....Jenny comes home, but without infections? :mrgreen:

PBY Street Gang......come in.....

regards
bearridge

Colonel Lucas: Your report specifies intelligence, counter-intelligence, with ComSec I-Corps.
Willard: I'm not presently disposed to discuss these operations, sir.
Colonel Lucas: Did you not work for the CIA in I-Corps?
Willard: No, sir.
Colonel Lucas: Did you not assassinate a government tax collector in Quang Tri province, June 19th, 1968?... Captain?
Willard: Sir, I am unaware of any such activity or operation - nor would I be disposed to discuss such an operation if it did in fact exist, sir.

Wannabe

Apr 5, 2007
on the bank of Trinity Bay
Since signing in on this Forum I have constantly been amazed at the selfless generosity of the members here to help others rid themselves of things that they have made or found for themselves. Boats,paddles, campstoves , ect.. What a great bunch of guys. :shock: :lol: :lol:
Bob

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
That pretty little gal deserves any color boat she wants. (And, I'll bet she GETS it too.)

Teach her to paddle; take her with you on trips. Involving our kids and grandkids in the sport is part of the fun and joy.

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
That was a deal Swamprat! If our Guv'mint pays 15 grand for a toilet seat on a sub and 1200 bucks for a hammer.....imagine what your new boat must have cost the taxpayers! :shock:

hairymick

Dec 8, 2005
Queensland, Australia
heya Swamprat,

I reckon you got a bargain and the fact that the littlus likes it so much (obviouly) makes it even more so. She is gorgeous! I hope you don't mind but I now have a new desktop. :D 8)