New Design: The North Wind decked canoe | SouthernPaddler.com

New Design: The North Wind decked canoe

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
NW-Iso350.JPG

Yep , a new design from JEM Watercraft... http://jemwatercraft.com/ .... No Way........ A new design from an old idea made better.

What Matt is not telling all of you is this design has been in the works for three years. I know this for a fact , since I have the original plans to make one when it was 1st conceived in Matt's mind.

I did not make it because of the back channel chatter about changing this or that and after a short time , a very short time , the plans I had were out dated..... As the chatter keep going and Matt kept working on it the boat transformed into what is there today , one darn good boat anyone can make for a weekend paddling pleasure , a extender camping trip , touring , or even for entering into a river race.

If you think he just dreams up some plans for a boat and then prints them off his computer... You have another thought coming , this boat was in the planning stage for three years , that is THREE YEARS after I asked Matt to send me the plans to make the 1st one..... and we could see some difficulties with the plans and boat.
Not me ... Matt saw the problems , all I wanted to do was make some sawdust and a boat.

When Matt reads this he will probably boil in his bath water while cussing at me for telling you the story behind this design but on here we tend to tell things the way it is and I for one appreciate the hard work Matt has gong to over the years to create this boat for us. Besides I know Matt would never tell you. :D

By now I am in plenty of trouble so I guess I better shut up .. :lol:

Chuck.

hairymick

Dec 8, 2005
Queensland, Australia
It truly is a beautiful boat - no question.

It is on my to do list and my congratulations go to Matt, Jack, and Chuck for designing a boat that I think will change the way many think about S&G boats. Bloody good on ya mates. :D